Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Game crashes

Discussion in 'Release 27 Bug Forum' started by Ithor, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ithor

Ithor Avatar

Hi as soon as I log on to the game I take two steps and the game crashes I reported this about a week ago and havent got an answer as yet , I am not very computer savvy and would realey like the help. I have wiped the game 3 times and reinstalled it but it still does the same thing.

2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hello Ithor, this sounds like a pretty significant issue. If possible, can you get into the game long enough to use the /bug chat command? It will copy some essential information to your clipboard which you can paste here via ctrl-v as a response. It will give us some details about where you're seeing the problem, as well as some notes about your system spec.

Additionally, we might ask if your computer is up to date on its drivers. Finally, when the game crashes, does it produce an error message? In the directory where your game in installed it might have produced a folder that looks like a date and time, inside that folder are some files (error logs, output logs) that would help us isolate the issue further if the information above doesn't assist us first. If there's no folder in the game's directory that looks like that, you can also find an output log inside your game's install directory's data folder. You can copy the contents of that file the next time you see the crash occur.

Thanks for reporting and I apologize for the delayed response. :) I look forward to getting the game working for you.

Attenwood

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  3. Ithor

Ithor Avatar

I did what you said hope you got it ok.

4. Andel Rho

Andel Rho Avatar

Same Issue
    @Attenwood
    Title: Client Freezes after login while loading initial scene [@100% Equipping avatars] or immediately after load.
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? Yes
    Details: After multiple self fix solutions(driver roll backs, reinstallations of the game, limited graphics card manipulations, and even (I had been planning on doing this anyways) reinstalling windows). Through 4 attempts I can't get far enough in to type /bug. However the first time I attempted to load it did generate a crash report.
    Here is my crash report folder from today: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8tojbyujl7qbozf/AAAFr8XC7n8BsPPQqqpBDNVWa?dl=0
    Anything I can do to help, I will.
    Appreciate the work you guys do.
    -Rho

5. Ithor

Ithor Avatar

3/3/2016 11:04 AM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details: chat
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD A4-7300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (2) System RAM: 7110
    GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8470D GPU RAM: 1006
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.32.389.Date.03.02.16
    Area: OverworldIsland
    Loc: (259.8, -4.5, 205.0)

6. Ithor

Ithor Avatar

I just reinstalled the game (4th time) and now am getting an error message that says Shroud of the Avatar exe is not responding. I have not been able to play ever since i got a new computer 2 months ago. I really am computer illiterate and would appreciate some help.

7. Ithor

Ithor Avatar

Initialize engine version: 5.0.0f2 (ca06a691bb9b)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 9.0c [aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.1404]
    Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 8470D
    Vendor: ATI
    VRAM: 1006 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps: Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=1 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=1 SlowINTZ=1
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.West.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.CJK.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.CJK.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.MidEast.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.MidEast.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.Other.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.Other.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.Rare.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.Rare.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.West.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\I18N.West.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Ionic.Zip.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Ionic.Zip.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Mono.Nat.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Mono.Nat.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\MonoTorrent.Dht.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\MonoTorrent.Dht.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\MonoTorrent.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\MonoTorrent.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Photon3Unity3D.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\Photon3Unity3D.dll into Unity Child Domain
    - Completed reload, in 0.126 seconds
    <RI> Initializing input.

XInput1_3.dll not found.
    <RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 1920x1080 at 0,0
    <RI> Initialized touch support.

Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
    Checking SotA-PID file: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\SotA.pid

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebug.gen.cpp Line: 56)

Checking SotA-PID file contents: 5704

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebug.gen.cpp Line: 56)

PatchClient Awake, version: 95 settingsfile: Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data/patchsettings.txt gameVersionfile: C:/Users/Windows PC/AppData/Local/Programs/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar/Shroud of the Avatar_Data/gameversion.txt

This is the patch client launched as: C:/Users/Windows PC/AppData/Local/Programs/Portalarium/Shroud of the Avatar/Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher.exe

Starting patch client update...

Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\Shroud of the Avatar - Launcher_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
    SotA.PreAlpha.Win.32.95.Date.03.14.16, LocalTime=3/14/2016 10:23:23 AM, Patch=disco-banana.1

Checking SotALauncher-PID file: C:\Users\Windows PC\AppData\Local\Programs\Portalarium\Shroud of the Avatar\SotALauncher.pid

8. Ithor

Ithor Avatar

I would realy like to get this fixed before the next wipe

9. Ithor

Ithor Avatar

Game still crashes cant stay on for more than 1 min

10. Andel Rho

Andel Rho Avatar

I'm still also experiencing this same issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.