Two Crafting questions plz =)

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Leeyds, Feb 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leeyds

Leeyds Avatar

1. Is there a recipe for an Augmented Plate Helm? (I can't find one)

2. If there isn't a helm, does the set still get the damage resistance perk?

For instance, Founders Plate Armour does not have a helm. Does it still get the set bonus?

2. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You ned to make Epic Helm and yes you still get bonus even if you made one of the weird buckets

Roycestein Kaelstrom and Leelu like this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Haven't been able to find an augmented helm recipe either.. and tried every combination between regular and epic that I thought might work.. kinda disappointed.. settled for epic even though I hate the horns. Will make a bucket helm later though I find it's recipe to be ridiculous.

4. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

Can't find a recipe for augmented helm. This one has to be the closest disadvantage is that compared to epic helm doesn't have metal bindings that can be a valuable addition. I like the horns don't like the total enclosure face cover.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Leelu, Mata, agra and 1 other person like this.
  5. Adam Crow

Adam Crow Avatar

I love the epic helm personally, but we sure as hell need some better options. Helmets/hats are probably one of the most, if not the most noticeable part of any avatar's look!

6. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I've crafted a Bronze Bucket Helmet.. has anyone else? It appears to be a different color than Bronze, just normal iron. I will have to report this after the patch if I don't wake up with a new bronze-colored bucket helm.

Leelu likes this.
  7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Augmented Plate Helm... still no recipe?

8. warxnox

warxnox Avatar

I bounce on that topic to ask you a noob question : how to make a copper shortsword ?

I already tried: copper hilt *1, copper shortsword blade *1, coal *1 but the "craft button" on the blacksmithing table stay grey. Do i have to buy/learn the recipe first ?

9. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

I know that...I know that.."raises hand".

I crafted a Two-Handed-Sword yesterday and needed:

- Hilt
    - blade
    - Two-handed-Sword.

Like, you need recipies to do the parts, but you need one more to assemble the craftet into the final item. I found that recipe at a vendor and was simply called "two-hande-sword". Look into a vendor..scroll down to the letter S and look for a recipe that is simply called "shortsword".

That should do it.

10. warxnox

warxnox Avatar

Ok I will try that.

I thought first that no recipe were mandatory since I did the hilt and blade without learning any recipe.

Thanks for your help

11. Julian Baskerville

yaeh...simply think "Ikea"...you need a recipe to assemble anything.

12. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

You do not need recipes to craft any item that I'm aware of. SotAwiki.net might have the answers u seek (unsure about adress)

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  13. Julian Baskerville

No...I used the wrong word...recipe is wrong. But you need to buy the scroll, the "recipe", the..."thing"...at a vendor. So that the item you want to craft appears in the list of items you "can" craft when standing at the forge.

14. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

No you don't need it. If u happen to guess the correct items (or use wiki) once u craft the item once it will be added to ur crafting book for easier crafting :)

Jivalax Azon likes this.
  15. Julian Baskerville

ahhhhh...so...you just put the items into the forge and dont need to have it in your book if you know the needed parts?!?

[​IMG]

16. Jivalax Azon

Jivalax Azon Avatar

It's true, you can guess any recipe. However, most of them are a bit odd and you may not guess how to make what you want.

If you simply want recipes you can do things like get a bunch of boards or blocks, start with the recipe for the least used and add one to see what it makes. Repeat until nothing shows the craft button or you run out.

Getting a recipe correct is kind of fun, but with all possible ingredients at any station guessing the one you want is a low probability.

Have fun. Crafting can be a blast.

Lord Hettar Fimbultyr likes this.
  17. warxnox

warxnox Avatar

Ok seems that sotawiki recipes are not longer up to date.

Now we need 3 chunk of coal for short and longsword crafting !

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    Mata likes this.
  18. Mata

Mata Avatar

Mitch [MGT] and mbomber like this.
  19. EmperorBorg

EmperorBorg Avatar

I prefer the recipe "scroll" to be purchased, found or rewarded so that it can be added to the Recipe Book (book of trades). This would allow for more nice rewards for events, high end quests or even middle to low end new player quests.

Even the "travelling vendor" that caught your eye on side of road perhaps could randomly have a 'rare' recipe for sale or for an evil twist....."Since I am ill equipped to hunt wolves and I have an order to fill from a vendor in Britanny; I will trade you this rare recipe for 10 wolf heads" Now you have to decide to spend the time harvesting the wolves in the mini instance you are in (or call in help from a friend who can get them and teleport to you) hehe

Random finds in chests or on humanoid evil monsters who have figured out how to make something new or powerful. (ooo quest to learn now how to translate the document.....heheh) More fun and angst indeed.

Overall though upon achievement of a "first discovery" I do like the "announcement" across the server system acknowledging the achievement and by whom. Perhaps a toggling option of being able to hear bellowing horns to note the accomplishment (some may not want to hear them) I have liked that in other game engines.

Additional thought on a high end reward for crafters....a one time use scroll that would allow etching or "naming" of a weapon or non consumable.
    Those who like creating player driven events could then craft items and name them for use in player quest....
    name a bookcase you made "crooked bookcase" which later players would have to locate and read a book you place there for instructions for next step in quest etc....

have a great day everyone!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.