Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Crash when trying to log in.

Discussion in 'Release 28 Bug Forum' started by lokki99, Apr 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lokki99

lokki99 Avatar

So Im new here. Just got the game today through steam for me and my wife. Been haveing an odd issue. Any time I hit log in (online mode) it crashes saying "Shroud of the Avatar exe has stopped working" Single player works just fine. Infact it plays wonderfully.

All I did was link my steam to an account I already had on the website. Now I am unable to go on any form of online mode, where as my wife is able to play online with no issue what so ever.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Hello and thank you for reporting! We're sorry to hear this is occurring! First question I have is have you attempted to conduct a clean reinstall of the client to see if that would resolve the issue? Could you include your system specs for us to investigate further? I am adding this ticket to an existing report that might relate to Steam complications.

@BurningToad for review.

3. lokki99

lokki99 Avatar

Windows 8.1
    Processor: AMD A4-5000 with Radeon(TM) HD graphics 1.50 GHz.
    8gb memory
    64bit operateing system.

I have done a clean install it did not work.
    I have also ran it in windows 7 compatability mode/as admin.
    I even opened all the ports in the firewall required.

That is all the information.

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I also have been experiencing a crash during the first log in of the day after I turn on the machine. It has to do with memory access violation. I can email the dump files that created during that crash. Just let me know what email to send to.

Thank you,

5. Cryptomancer

Cryptomancer Avatar

Unfortunately I just had a crash at a similar spot too. I had just gone through character creation, clicked to finish, and crash.
    Fortunately, there is a crash log and dump created! Please advise where to upload those files if needed.
    I was running it through Steam, other specs are basically: Win10 x64, Intel i7, 16gb, Radeon R9 290.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.