Moving in the next several months.. physical shipment question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adampk17, Apr 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adampk17

Adampk17 Avatar

I've searched and seen a couple vague threads from about a year ago so I thought I'd ask again. Is there a known time period where shipping addresses for physical pledge rewards will be locked in?

I am planning on moving in the next several months, depending on how quickly we can find and buy a house. But who knows, it may be late summer before we have a new place.

I've thought of changing my shipping address to my parents house but I'd prefer not to.

Thanks for your help in advance.

2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

If your staying in the vicinity you live in now, you can go get a PO box in the post office, a lot of people do that during temporary absence of an actual address.

Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  3. Adampk17

Adampk17 Avatar

I think perhaps I didn't explain well enough. The concern is not that I will be without an address for a period of time. What I am concerned about is my address changing after some, as of now unknown to me, cut off date for changing the shipping address for physical pledge rewards.

Sara Dreygon, Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  4. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I haven't seen a cutoff date for entering the address, and only vague statements about when the physical items will be shipped, around the end of the year.

Time Lord, Mata and Leelu like this.
  5. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

I am pretty sure there will be an announcement at a future date, then you can plan accordingly. As of yet no mentioned of actual date has been specified .

Ice Queen, Time Lord and Mata like this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Go to the updates section of the main site, pick the last update, then scroll down to the very bottom before the comments.

Backer Shipping Addresses[​IMG]
    In preparation for shipping backers’ physical pledge rewards later this year, we have added Shipping Address fields to your Account Profile page. To enter your shipping address, log in to the SotA website, select “Account” in top right corner, then select “Edit Profile” located in top left corner, beneath your Avatar image:

For country and regional tax assessment purposes, our tax accountants have requested that we start collecting a buyer’s physical/shipping address for all purchases, whether digital or physical. We’ve tried to streamline that process as much as possible, such that once you’ve entered a physical address we will pre-populate the address fields with your default address.

<<This is the best hint we've had so far. End of the year, which should mean in time for Xmas...right?

But at least well after summer so you can safely change to the new address.

7. Adampk17

Adampk17 Avatar

Thanks for the help everyone.

Mata, Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  8. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

When we moved house last year, we were able to get a redirect of mail from the post office. I had this running for six months and it cost very little to have.

Leelu likes this.
  9. Adampk17

Adampk17 Avatar

In the United States package delivery usually isn't forwarded to a new address, only in a few very specific circumstances. The US Postal Service will forward packages but UPS and FedEx will not. And I imagine Port will not use US Postal Service.

Leelu and Woftam like this.
  10. Woftam

Woftam Avatar

Oh that's not very helpful! It's a paid option here in the land down under. I think from memory it cost me $38 for 6 months.

Sorry to have not been of any help at all! HA!

Leelu likes this.
  11. Adampk17

Adampk17 Avatar

Thank you for trying. I would love to have an option to forward all packages in the US. Kinda stupid actually.

Leelu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.