And this is why the Land rush is going to be a joke - - -

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Coconut, Apr 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agra

agra Avatar

That's probably a little high, estimate-wise. I suspect that all NPC-housing-scene lots will be taken long before group 87. What I mean is, your odds are likely zero.
    But my guess is based on two presumptions that may or may not be true.
    First presumption is that Expert+ tables will not be craftable/create-able on or before July 28th, 2016.
    and/or
    Public crafting pavilions featuring Expert+ Tables will be available in NPC-housing-scenes.

If it turns out they are craftable? Game changer.
    If it turns out there will not be Expert+ public crafting pavilions in NPC-housing-scenes? Game changer.

These two things, I think, will have a significant impact regarding where people want to claim their lot.

Moiseyev Trueden, Leelu and Ice Queen like this.
  2. Karkona

Karkona Avatar

Ok so npc town not likely. So, if I lay down housing in player run town is there a risk of them putting down taxes on me at their leisure?

Leelu likes this.
  3. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Can confirm that Wightwick, Siken, Trysull, Brewood, Illusive Passage, Illusive Cavern and Finchfield will all have sets of Expert Crafting Stations.

4. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

As do many other player owned towns have expert tables available. I would suggest getting an idea of where in our fair land you would like to reside, find a PoT if you're interested in that option, walk in and check to see who is Governor and ask him/her.

Karkona likes this.
  5. agra

agra Avatar

Sure, yet as Karkona says:
    PRT's have no such risk, but presuming she meant PoT..

There is risk, however small or unlikely, in placing and relying on PoT's for Expert station access, forever. Resale potential of towns alone makes it quite risky, in my opinion. There will be thousands of players wanting Expert station access and less than ~50? scenes with fewer than 50-70 lots in each that may at any time lose those Expert stations.
    It's fine to downplay the risks, but they are real and ever present. There are no such risks if NPC-housing-scenes end up with Expert+ public crafting pavilions.
    In fact, I imagine many players will simply opt out of PoT's due to those risks and simply craft out of their bank in a fast loading NPC-housing-scene, if they have Expert+ public crafting pavilions.
    If Ardoris, for example, got an Expert+ public crafting pavilion, that's what I would do, for certain, and it's not even fast loading. :p

Karkona, Leelu, Xandra7 and 1 other person like this.
  6. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

Oh this thread..

KuBaTRiZeS and HoustonDragon like this.
  7. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

Dragomir will also have expert stations for anyone to use at any time. Also, I will not charge taxes. The only charges you will incur living in Dragomir will be the charges Port. charges you.

8. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

No risk at all providing:
    1. Player maintains the subscription
    2. Portalarium don't change the rules over renting

So would say it's pretty safe.

EDIT: And there public stations anyway so the player doesn't need to live there.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  9. Selene

Selene Avatar

It has already been stated elsewhere that is the intent of the designers to have these crafting stations available in the major NPC towns and not to be craftable."
    "4. Players can not craft stations (including the expert ones). You can be considered lucky if you move in next to someone with the best stations in town, however our design is to have stations provided by the town as well. I am unsure of whether or not this is implemented so far but the idea is that there should be public crafting areas in towns and between the players with crafting stations and the town crafting areas there should be plenty of stations available."
    Reference: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...vents-throughout-r27.48048/page-2#post-529602

10. agra

agra Avatar

Yeah, I know that's how it's interpreted, but that's not strictly speaking what Gingerloaf said. Specifically, if "best stations" means Expert+ and "crafting stations" and "stations" simply mean normal stations, then nothing changes from R28 -> R32 on this subject. Glad to see they archived and made those threads visible. That saves some time & effort.

I'm aware I'm being skeptical. After 20 years of participation in this genre, I think a little skepticism is warranted. ;)
    Until I see the Expert stations in any public crafting pavilion in any NPC housing scene, I will continue to doubt that's the intent. On the day it happens, I will be the first to say "Yay! I was wrong!"

Leelu, Xandra7 and Ice Queen like this.
  11. Coconut

Coconut Avatar

PRTs are run buy the Game they are essentially NPC towns not part of the storyline and minimal NPC interaction (vendors, station, . . . .) The only taxes are on Deeds that have them already.

POTs are Player Owned Towns. They can implement their taxes at will, not PRTs

12. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I don't think that anyone could tell you what it'll be like during the lot placement schedule but I bet that I could find a row lot in a NPC town right now.

13. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Not if you have a rent free pledge deed.
    [​IMG]

If you have a non-rent free deed there are taxes though.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    Moiseyev Trueden, Mata and Leelu like this.
  14. Karkona

Karkona Avatar

This^^^ thanks for clearing this up for me.

Ice Queen, Leelu and Honador like this.
  15. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I don't believe this is the case for what he's asking. The game itself (ie: Lord British or whoever collects the in-game currency) will not tax the property, but the POT owner could require a separate fee or other requirement for the placement, and could still revert to removing the lot if they desired, from how the rules have been explained, imo. Basically, buyer beware.

agra, Leelu and Ice Queen like this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I honestly believe that POT owners levying fees will be the exception. I think that most POT owners are simply interested in having a fun community.

17. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

I sincerely hope so. But I do want people to know that the option is there, if the POT owner chose to act like it. Considering how they moderate PvP, I'm frankly surprised they don't have some POT guidelines to avoid the hassle.

Xandra7, Leelu and Ice Queen like this.
  18. Morika Web

Morika Web Avatar

This is a very good solution, especially if combined with a open air market with vendor spots.

Leelu, Moiseyev Trueden and Ice Queen like this.
  19. Morika Web

Morika Web Avatar

That also happen a ton in UO, I never saw a single Luna shop shut down from lack of customers though :)

Leelu, Moonshadow and Ice Queen like this.
  20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

@Karkona, Dawn's keep will never have taxes levied on residents, nor will the Governors with whom I'm familiar levy taxes beyond what the game enforces on their residents.

I understand the root of the fear that many seem to hold, but I truly believe the 'evil' Governor will be the exception and not the rule. They will also quickly become known.
    Reputation is going to be the life-blood of the Governors and thereby their towns.

Mata, Karkona, Tahru and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.