Player/devs thoughts item destruction.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Apr 24, 2016.

?

Should max durability take a hit upon repair?

1. Yes

58.3%
  2. No

41.7%
  3. I have a better suggestion.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

This is a crafting game isnt it?

If items dont break will there be a large demand for crafters? Once you have purchased the sword of your choice at that point all you have to do is keep it repaired.

I would love to see maximun durability take a hit every time its repaired. So eventually people will be buying new swords. In ultima swords broke, got looted or disolved in your body if you didnt make it back to it in time. This creates a large economy to replace lost items and the such.

To be honest im a bit worried about the economy for crafted items. With the store and pledges there will always be rares to trade.

Ok thoughts, id love to see dev insight if you can find the time.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Axiomaticstatic

Axiomaticstatic Avatar

The only way to have a working economy is to have things break. That said, things I paid real $ for, like my super cool Pilgrim Hat, I hope that doesnt break. My armor, weapons.... all that should. It would be even cool if houses and buildings wore down... not break of course. But you would have to learn to make repairs on your house.

Jarl Atogrim and PK U like this.
  3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Good points store purchased items aside, in wow crafting was used but rarley in uo smithys would make swords by the 100s. Will this game have dedicated smiths that people will buy from regularly or will people just make a few things every once in a while?

Right now i see it more of a rares trading game, possibly raw mats as well.

4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I'm ok with player crafted items have max durability go down. Those from add-ons can keep the max durability. Most of them are not that good compare to player crafted one anyway.

PK U likes this.
  5. Axiomaticstatic

Axiomaticstatic Avatar

Well, it this game takes after Ultima Online (Which I am hoping it does), there was a strong crafter community there. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

6. Womby

Womby Avatar

I see pledge weapons (which all have inferior stats to a good hand crafted weapon) as indestructible emergency weapons to carry around just in case. They should not lose max durability, since they are irreplaceable and were purchased with real money.
    Hand crafted weapons are replaceable, so in my opinion they should wear out.

Duke Avery likes this.
  7. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i think you should be able to repair it and lose some durability, unless if you use a higher-tier repair kit than the item is.

example: tier1 item repaird first time to 85% with t1 kit. or with a t2 kit, it gets repaired to 100%

i also think for each time it is repaired and loses max durability, if you want to get it back to 100%, you have to use that number of repair kits of a higher tier to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.