UO, and for those of us that had the pleasure to play it!

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by blaquerogue, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

my bad yes its 5

Leelu and Sean Silverfoot like this.
  2. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I myself am a UO vet. Played for 8 yrs. Deeply immersed in the guild foundations and we treated our guild like family. Housing was crazy fun. Before and after AoS. Crafting was a blast and i loved it. Now here we are again. Graphics and content is fantastic. I am loving things so far. It will be a long rode to go but am looking forward to when the things we do will count. Right now its all a learning experience or experiment some would say. Learning the ins and outs so that we can help others later down that same road.
    Everyone needs to keep in mind.....this is a Multi player game. So helping each other and learning from each other is the key. It was the same way in UO. Griefers be damned is all i say. That was my mentality in UO. I would be mining or lumberjacking and get pk'd and looted from my hard work....but i would just go load back up and go again. Many times i would die repeatedly but in the end it worked out. Called my brethren to come kill my foe so i could get home with my goodies. It was one hell of a ride and i loved it. After 8 yrs i stepped away from UO to go on to play Second Life which i have been playing for 9 yrs. LOL.
    Last summer i reactivated one of my UO accounts and played for a couple months....but the player base had dropped on my shard and i decided that it just wasnt the same.....so now here I am ready and willing to get back into that preverbial saddle and start again.
    Long live the UO spirit.....but Well met the new Life.

3. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Leelu and Mata like this.
  4. hoofz

hoofz Avatar

Ultima Online still has fills me with joy when I look back on my time there. I played from beta up until Lord Blackthorn's revenge. It is still the most diverse game to me of any new-age MMO. The pvp is still the best I've ever enjoyed. In the game were real consequences of your actions, not today's games where everyone has a safety helmet. For crying out loud, I could butcher a player corpse and make bacon from it. BACON. I have tried to log in over the years, but without any of my old friends playing it wasn't the same. Not that I expected them to still be there. I did want to see if my old stomping grounds were still around, like Kazola's Tree-top Tavern east of Yew on Great Lakes; where I helped defend against Dread Lord attackers, Cove Merchant's Guild (CMG) outside Cove on Great Lakes where I learned how to be a good crafter and businessman in game or Silk's Tavern outside Trinsic on Lake Superior where I was the Dread Lord defending against Great Lords! I was there when all 3 establishments got their interior's designed by the GM's blessings before you could actually decorate and lock down decorations. Silk's Tavern was a haven for Dread Lords back in the day, and there was pvp fights all the time. People would come and destroy all the furniture time and time again. There we would go replacing every piece time and time again. But that is what made it fun, making our own little story out in a blank canvas world. You can't find that in games nowadays anymore. -Armorz

Edit: If only I could recover my original UO account

Corvalis, Leelu, Vox Aquila and 3 others like this.
  5. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome hoofz!

Leelu and hoofz like this.
  6. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

If you want some entertaining memories from UO, check out Galad the Looter. Here's a link to his website: http://looterslair.com/ Pretty funny stuff, so enjoy yall :D

Leelu likes this.
  7. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

And on that note, it looks like Ima Newbie is down :(. Favorite web comic ever.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And lets not forget the great UO based flash movies on WTFMAN.com (sort of adult content...)

Leelu likes this.
  8. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Doh... :(

Leelu likes this.
  9. hoofz

hoofz Avatar

Nooooo!!! i loved both of these! :( I found an old site that actually talks about all 3 establishment's I was a part of! http://kewl.com/kazolas/

"Years ago, Origin decided to recognize popular player-run establishments by what players popularly refer to as "blessing". This involved the Seer program as well; Seers would visit popular establishments, and if these establishments fulfilled various criteria, would offer to sponsor these places. The places would then be decorated, and items in the building would be locked down. Kazola's Tavern was the first such recognized establishment on Great Lakes, and the second in all the shards. (Silk's Tavern on Lake Superior was the first.) Many other places on Great Lakes also became "blessed": the Cove Merchants' Guild outside Cove, Red Devil's Auction House, and the Temple of Mondain are some examples of these.
    At the time when Kazola's Tavern first opened, "blessings" were greatly needed, as furniture originally could not be locked down, and houses could easily be robbed. As time passed however, UO's designers created many tools to assist players with running their establishments, such as the ability to lock down furniture and other items, removing and banning deviant players from homes, adding secure containers, and new craftable items to help decorate buildings. They continue to add new items and tools, enabling every Ultima Online player to have a beautiful, secure, and unique home.

Because of all these additions, and the removal of the Volunteer programs, OSI will no longer sponsor or "bless" player-run establishments. The existing establishments were permitted to remain, as they are a rich part of Ultima Online's history."

Edit: I am unable to recover my original UO Account :(

Leelu likes this.
  10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I agree, I played UO the first several years and a *lot* of games afterwards (as they moved to 3d). I have been waiting for a game that matched the pure I guess you could say "sandbox" of UO for decades.

11. Axiomaticstatic

Axiomaticstatic Avatar

This thread needs a bump.

+1

The closer this game gets to UO the better.

Quenton and blaquerogue like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.