Two Fold Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Axiomaticstatic, Apr 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axiomaticstatic

Axiomaticstatic Avatar

Firstly,

When playing offline, how can I access my backer items (house, ankh, etc) when I go to the bank, it is empty.

Secondly,

I am a "Developer' level backer, is there anywhere we can take a sneak peak at the Design Docs? It says I should be able... but I am not sure where to find them.

Thirdly,

There is NO... third thing.

Lastly,

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Time Lord and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  2. Womby

Womby Avatar

The first is coming, but not yet implemented. This is just a guess, but I assume it is something to do with having access to an online database when offline. :)
    They'll figure it out.

The closest we have to your second point that I am aware of is access to the QA server and the Dev+ forums, which sometimes lets us see stuff a week before it is posted generally (mostly to test the waters and so we can proofread it for them).

3. Axiomaticstatic

Axiomaticstatic Avatar

The way it is worded is that you can actually see the 'Design Docs' which I think would be super cool. With any luck, maybe when the game is finally launched we could take a peek.

Thank you so much for the helpful reply! *taps hat*

4. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i was hoping dev+ access would give you access to lua at some point. :(

5. Axiomaticstatic

Axiomaticstatic Avatar

Okay so its not just me... others were expecting more than just some 'how do you do' on the dev boards also?

Time Lord and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  6. Womby

Womby Avatar

For a while they were accepting 3D model contributions, but they quickly discovered that it was costing* them way more than simply buying them from the Unity asset store.

* (dev time is expensive, and the models always needed close inspection and almost always some kind of correction - nevertheless some things like the aether vibration amplifier made it in)

7. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

I wasnt expecting lua access, i was just hoping for it. I knew if it wasn't directly mentioned, it wasnt going to be on their radar. I asked for it, got some folks to agree with the request, then left it alone so the devs could focus on the base game first.

Since then I've heard the api is there, for other things like the radio, and the phone apps weve had...and noticed only enough focus was put on it, to do what was needed by those 3rd party devs by request. That knowledge is enough to keep the hope alive for when they have the time to do it.

8. Axiomaticstatic

Axiomaticstatic Avatar

Well, I reeeeeeeeeally, really hope they eventually throw us a bone and show us more of the design thoughts of SotA. I cannot help but be curious.

ThurisazSheol and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.