Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Login screen keeps flipping between text fields

Discussion in 'Release 29 Bug Forum' started by Bodhbh Dearg, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

When I try to log in, the login screen input focus keeps flipping between the username and password fields.

Can only log in using notepad and a well timed paste.

See: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7ezDEDN7cEsOERzTVdiYzVFcXc/view?usp=sharing

Already rebooted, closed all kinds of apps, nothing helped! Also THAT SCREEN is the only one that does it. Didn't have that issue on the name fields in the character creator or in any other app!!!

2. Dameron

Dameron Portalarian Emeritus

This is a known issue. This is most likely cause by other input devices, or driver being out of date.
    However, with that said, this first time I heard of someone getting past it without having to go through those steps.
    You also provided us with an example in which this issue did not repeat itself when presented in a similar manner. Good find!

I have submitted a ticket for a review of the two sections.
    Thanks again!

3. Bodhbh Dearg

Bodhbh Dearg Avatar

Ok, I found the culprit... I use FaceTrackNoIR, and it installs VJoy (not vJoy, that's a different one!), and once I disable the driver (going by your remark about drivers), the quick switching goes away!
    (Which is weird, because AFAIK, SotA doesn't support either face tracking (which would be great in free-look BTW) nor Joysticks...

Maybe that can help you test/troubleshoot!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.