POTs and lot selection race

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Andrew Silverston, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Did I hear it wrong? Starr said during the telethon that POTs will be subject to the lot selection race after wipe? How is it possible if I didn't put lot markers down yet? How they gonna make my POT a subject to lot selection process - a player will run into my town, there are no markers and lots are not put down yet. They can't really reserve, until I place markers for specific lots? I must have misunderstood, otherwise, it sounds like POT owners don't control anything on their land at all as far as lot placements go.

2. Old_SeaCaptain

Old_SeaCaptain Avatar

You can place the markers and off lot deco, you just cannot claim lots until you get to your lot window.

3. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

The limitation is that lots can't be claimed outside of the lot selection process. Nobody can claim your lots or force you to place stones.

Cally and AmaraTytonidae like this.
  4. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

So is it in my interests to have the lots down by the down land rush comes in July? Otherwise, if I don't put markers for the lots down, my town crier will say that there are 0/0 lots in my town. Someone please explain to me, how does the land rush applies to the POT, if lot markers have not yet been placed down by the POT owner?

5. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Starr's comment meant only that POT owners are subject to the same lot selection timing as everyone else. For example, a player who has an Ancestor pledge is in group 90. If that player owns a POT, he can lay down lot markers on July 28 if he wants and he can allow other players to claim lots in his POT when it is their turn to do so. He himself still has to wait until it is group 90's turn before he can claim a lot in his own POT for himself.

Cage Storm, Katrina Bekers and Koldar like this.
  6. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Ahh, thanks Kara, that makes sense now! I feel smarter, thanks to you :).

Kara Brae likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.