Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Heals

Discussion in 'Release 29 Feedback Forum' started by Oba Evesor, May 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Some spit-balling. Feel free to expand. :)

Targeted AoE (ground target)
    General AoE (emitting from the player casting it)
    Single Target (think Searing Ray)
    Multi-Target (none in-game)

Just have the targeted AoE's go to the lowest health party member, even if its the caster. Let it be spam-able and cast while moving.
    Add a multi target heal (even if its just 2 targets).

2. Rasmenar

Rasmenar Avatar

Hmm. How's this for a solution? It could use existing healing mechanics and not require changes to the gameplay function of any existing glyphs.

"Buff" spells that are able to be cast on other players (including heals) should be tagged as Non-Hostile. Non-Hostile spells should prioritize friendly players near your crosshairs instead of enemies. If no friendly players are found within an acceptable range of your crosshairs/within range of the spell, it defaults to casting it on yourself. Basically it uses the same "magnetic" targeting system used for enemies, but instead prioritizes players. This way you don't have to worry about swapping between a friendly/hostile targeting mode.

I'd imagine that this would take some time to build as it's changing the core functionality of the targeting system for a large number of spells, but it seems to me like the best solution if the game is going to keep the existing targeting system.

Personal opinion, but I hope that they decide to keep this targeting system and fix its flaws instead of reverting to the old targeting system. The old system worked, but the mechanics of the new system feel more exciting. Just needs to be tweaked and perfected.

Moiseyev Trueden and Oba Evesor like this.
  3. Curt

Curt Avatar

When you look in one direction i think we really should have up to four 'targets' marked
    • one that will be used if you use a short range helpful spell
    • one that will be used if you use a short range harmful spell
    • one that will be used if you use a long range helpful spell
    • one that will be used if you use a long range harmful spell
    That would make it somewhat easier if you is at range for example and both want to attack the opponent and help your ally that is in close combat with him

Each of the 4 targets could be showed in various outlines

more healing variations?
    a spring with healing water that appears and any that drinks from it is healed

a absorption shield that absorbs X damage of type Y
    heavy armour could have a absorption shield only cast able outside combat that shielded you proportional to your armours current durability.

Moiseyev Trueden and Oba Evesor like this.
  4. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

My only issue with this is if you have a friendly in front of you and want to heal yourself you can't. It heals them, even if they're full health and youre at 3hp.
    As an archer this release I always have friendlies in front of me.
    Well, as long as I remember I'm an archer and don't Leroy Jenkins my way in.:D

5. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Great suggestion I'm just not sure this is the solution here's why. Let's pretend I'm going to group with you over and some level 14 Nerf herder and, if we're experiencing I know what's more important to keep you alive than him. If we got into a hairy situation I would want to make sure that you received the heels prioritization over this experience leads.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  6. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

@Skyo, agreed.

Kinda why I was thinking a multi-target heal, and to make it so yo can spam it.
    First heal goes to lowest HP, but the next (or the other if it's multi-target) goes to you.

I guess Healing Touch could be strictly a self heal, but I'm not really a fan of that. Although I could be swayed provided we had better over all heal spells in general. :)

Leelu likes this.
  7. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Just rereading my post, this isnt what I meant.
    Meant have the Targeted heals (like searing ray) go to lowest party member. Any AoE's should be just that, an area of effect for anyone in it.
    Which is why I want a two target heal. :)

Leelu and Insinious FizzleThorpe like this.
  8. Aimend

Aimend Avatar

But you don't always want to heal the party member with the lowest health. Sometimes, as the dedicated healer, that person is me. If I'm playing with a group, there may come a time where I aggro a mob. If the group is good, they will get the mob off me quickly. I won't waste heals on myself in that situation. I'll be conserving my focus for those who are fighting.

Ice Queen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.