About PVE

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Doomgate, May 11, 2016.

?

Would you like to play SOTA on a Harder difficulty? (PVE Only)

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doomgate

Doomgate Avatar

PVE is good but I feel it lacks a certain thrill. But I'm happy to run in to a dungeon and not worrier about what might happen if I pull aggro on anything or everything. Having the option to set a dungeon so that it adds a element or risk is what I'm after.

So what I'm after:
    Is a bit more of a challenge in the PVE experience.
    The simple fact that dyeing to the mobs will have a sever punishment.
    For the punishment something like:

Leaving everything you own on that corpse. (I mean u turn in to a ghost and revive somewhere else!)
    Leaving your experience pool with the corpse. (just that spare EXP you have in the Adventure pool)
    Dropping Half your gear. (Wearing and backpack items)
    Dropping only things in your back pack (so you have Armour and weapons to try and fight back)
    (Although I would prefer the first.)

What I don't want is another random player to loot me.
    Only my self or a someone I that accept (via pop up) can access my gear. If I decline they will not be able to access my loot.

For example:
    Dyeing in a open scene some random comes past clicks on your corpse nothing happens. You get back double click and full re-equip your self.
    Dyeing in a dungeon and you'r buddy has time to grab your things. You can accept this action so they can collect you'r wears and meet you at the entrance.

I have read the devs talked about dropping things you collected in the dungeon, but i find this as a nothing lost nothing gained scenario. As with durability loss or even EXP loss I don't feel the same thrill when I'm in trouble in a dungeon. They are both more of a annoyance or inconvenience to lose and they don't give that thrill I feel when more is at risk.

The Feature I'm Suggesting:
    A simple Check Box in the Character selection screen. This option is only available when logging in to the game. As to prevent miss use of it during game play requiring a person to re log to turn it on or off every time.

If Checked:
    • Entering a Scene will remain the same a player with this option checked can see players with it not selected.
    • Entering a party zone (such as a Raid or Dungeon) will have a scan of all players in the party if every one has this option checked the rule will apply on all players. If one of them does not have it checked the rule will not be applied and normal game rules will stand.
    • All character stats will remain the same, Creature stats will remain the same.
    • Death to a creature will result in your wears staying on the corpse.
    • Reviving at a relic will mean your in your birthday suit. Being resurrected by a spell will leave all you'r gear in on.
    • Monsters, Dungeons and Raids will drop the same items they would normally drop.
    Please note -
    Gold, Iteams, Resources and EXP will not be modified in any way. Everything will be the same no matter the mode.

The purpose of this Mode is add a risk factor to PVE there will be no extra treatment for playing in this mode. It is a self selected mode and players play at their own risk.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    mikeaw1101 and Stahlknecht like this.
  2. Stahlknecht

Stahlknecht Avatar

"Leaving everything you own on that corpse. (I mean u turn in to a ghost and revive somewhere else!)"
    This!
    And everybody should be able to loot the stuff which isnt insured.

This would make PVE more thrilling and teamplay is king!

mikeaw1101 and Spinok like this.
  3. Doomgate

Doomgate Avatar

I prefer not having randoms loot the corpse as that isn't the idea behind the PVE. I wont mind saying "hey you have 5 mins to loot your corpse or bye bye", but even in that case lets leave other peoples corpses to them selfs.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
    GreyMouser2 likes this.
  4. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

Well I think it should just be on the ground, no one should be able to pick it up.. you want tit tougher you got it. Now you lost all your gear in the middle, go fetch it before the timer expires and you lose it..

GreyMouser2 and Fister Magee like this.
  5. Doomgate

Doomgate Avatar

Well this would make it easier on the devs as as only the owner can pick up the loot. The reason I suggest dropping it on a corpse rather the ground is simply because we cant drop things on the ground in this game.

GreyMouser2 likes this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Do you really think that if it is an option that player will turn it on? Really?

I doubt it very much that if a player is given the coice, turn this on and take a chance to lose it all if you cannot get back to your body or stay as it is and when they turn it on an item or two would be left on the corpse?

95% would chose to leave it off, why risk it for nothing.

And the player who wants it to be lootable by anyone - NO not even a chance, that would mean players would just stealth around following player waiting for them to die, take everything and leave :-( Sorry but that is lame.

FrostII and mikeaw1101 like this.
  7. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

Sounds like a hard core mod, if this came in then the rewards would need to be adjusted to match the risk.

8. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

OP sounds really good, but I have a feeling few people would opt-in for hardcore looting by choice. So it's questionable whether adding in the feature for would really justify the effort. Maybe run a poll? But, for single player on the other hand, that sounds awesome for an "old school" or "hardcore" mode if it has difficulty levels.. (hopefully it will- personally I'd rather choose the harder difficulty levels in a single player game for extra achievements, and because easy/normal usually isn't challenging).

9. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

^^*sigh* just noticed his post, for once I kind of agree with Weins.

FrostII likes this.
  10. Doomgate

Doomgate Avatar

Like I said I don't want rewards to be adjusted as I don't want people to feel like they have to play it. If anything I agree with mikeaw1101 to add "extra achievements" for completing a dungeon in this mode but loot, gold and resources should stay the same.

It's a choice for a reason but yes I believe there will be people that will turn it on if I thought other wise I wouldn't of brought it up.
    There are people you play games like that, Dark Souls 3 for example is currently sitting as the 7th most played game to day on steam (at the time I'm posting this).

I'm expecting the following comment to be "go play dark souls 3 then!" but my point is Yes I believe people will play it I'm not saying everyone is going to but there are people out there that like a challenge. Plus this opens the game in to a wider market without chaining the game experience for anyone else that prefers it as is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.