MMORPG: Release 30's Big Changes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, May 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricoxg

ricoxg Avatar

No, not really, mate. You may TAKE it that way, but that's not the same thing as my calling them that. If you wanted to go that route, I wasn't really even talking about MMORPG, but the internet in general.

Are there idiots over there? Oh, absolutely. Those are the toxic little dweebs that never contribute anything remotely intelligence to any conversation, they just spout little points of data, fictional or otherwise, and never invest any effort in actually trying to understand what that data actually means. The SotA posts are actually pretty tame. Try looking at some of the Star Citizen ones. You have people who think Chris Roberts is one consonant from being the Messiah, and those who think SC was a scam from the start. The problem with extremism is that while it may make you feel good, it's not particularly effective at making you look intelligent, nor is it in any way actually constructive. Extremist twits are hardly the sole purview of mmorpg.com, though. In fact, there are quite of few intelligent people on the site, some of whom completely disagree with me on a number of topics for very good reasons.

This idea that you can't respect someone who disagrees with you is not one with which I prescribe. Rather, I have even more respect for someone who disagrees with me, because they have obviously uncovered some bit of understanding that I managed to miss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.