Tabula Rasa?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cordelayne, Jun 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

I thought it would be awesome too, bought the collectors edition.
    It just wasn't "fun". It was missing something, there was no "hook" to keep your attention, just felt boring.
    Just wander around and blast stuff.. Gave up in less than a week and never logged on again.

2. Phydra

Phydra Avatar

Sure, buddy, whatever you say. Everyone can scroll back and read for context and even if they couldn't, everyone gets that trying to "keep things in proper perspective" is very pointedly implying "wrong" and "improper".... but I can TOTALLY understand why you prefer to deny that.

Just as I understand why you're so eager to dismiss "the rest of my post" (sic).

The point you were attempting to make was that the comparison was invalid; see, that's the thing.... you just don't get to declare that, either.

I could as easily outline all the reasons why TR actually WAS a better game than SOTA is shaping up to be; the very thing that makes it a valid statement is the one thing you're trying to use to invalidate it.

It's just.... fascinating to watch at times. :p

3. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Damn, that's a shame. I watched a couple of other youtube videos on it and was like, "WOW! This looks really well done for 2008!" I did google that Collector's Edition and at least you got some cool trinkets with the game! :)

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

yes.. yes they can.

You don't speak for everyone.. I TOTALLY don't get why you prefer to think that way but that's up to you.

Being eager had nothing to do with it. Don't pretend you know what's in my head. As it was.. you went off on a tangent that really did have nothing to do with the point I was making. I didn't need to address the rest of your post as it didn't apply to my specific point. And still doesn't. That was all. No more. No less.

Why you seem so eager to be combative and read meaning into where none was expressed is quite beyond my understanding.

Good on you. The original statement said nothing of SotA's future.. it made no argument in that direction at best may have vaguely implied. My response also had nothing to do with the future or direction of SotA. Only that in comparison the two relative states of each game when they were experienced at those times. Of course there's going to be a difference. It would be odd if a game with a much bigger budget and development time didn't feel better. And what did I ever say that attempted to invalidate the original comment? Either expressed or implied?

5. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

6. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I think that Garriot winning in court (and the judgment being affirmed by a higher court) are telling with respect to what happened to the game.

7. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

In the very least it's telling of NCSoft. Which puts them right now there with EA in my book (albeit for different reasons).

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Phydra

Phydra Avatar

[​IMG]

Whatev's... :)

Sir Frank and Time Lord like this.
  9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Do you actually think that in a corporate environment that anyone is going to be nice about any deal "unless you hold the knife?"
    [​IMG]
    Our Lord British is very corporate PvP qualified ;)!'
    ~Time Lord~:D

Acred and Cordelayne like this.
  10. Derium

Derium Avatar

I miss that game so much. I spent so many hours playing it. I still have my collectors edition and I rock my Tabula Rasa shirt on video >_<

Cordelayne and Time Lord like this.
  11. Julian Baskerville

Julian Baskerville Avatar

uhh..you hit a nice spot with opening a topic on that subject.

Tabula Rasa had new ideas and was fun. It really was. Humanity fighting the bane(s) and all the fluff around it was very nice.
    But Tabula Rasa didnt offer anything after 48 hours of gameplay exept creating a new character (a clone of your old character at a lower level if you wanted) and getting through exactly the same zones again. But it had...potential.

Yet...it wasnt ready for the human peskering that happened in the Background. A lot of bad blood happened behind the curtains that we player had no cards in.

Cordelayne likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.