Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

New power up skill has insane damage...

Discussion in 'Release 31 Feedback Forum' started by Xsarecs, Jun 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xsarecs

Xsarecs Avatar

The new power up swing takes the mobs health down 20 to 50% in an area I was struggling with yesterday.
    Plus it has no cost, I just use it only now and none of my skills that use focus.

I am at a lower level in the game so not sure if it is the same at higher levels....

2. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

Are you talking about free attack, where you hold the mouse button to charge up an attack? That has been in for 10+ releases and is unchanged. I think you're just now discovering it! Depending on the weapon type you can charge up to 2 or 3X damage by charging longer. It allows archers to save arrows and do stuff like hide behind something, charge up, pop out, shoot, hide again. For big weapon guys it lets them do a sort of jousting style combat where they charge up, move in to swing and move out.

Big weapons and bows have the longest and biggest charge up options. Highly recommended for archers as it results in higher DPS, bigger hits, AND saves lots of arrows!

3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Sounds like we just a need a mounted combat then :)

Snikorts likes this.
  4. Xsarecs

Xsarecs Avatar

Did not know it was in game, it now works off of holding down the 2 mouse buttons, that was used for movement yesterday. Well heck here I was having troubles with orange and red mobs and now found the power up and can 3 shot them....I feel like a fool :)

Just took on 3 orange mobs and killed them all with no cost to focus....you can imagine how hard it was yesterday without it....3 orange mobs would make me run out of focus and I would die fast.

I just started playing yesterday, so forgive my noobness.

devourerofmemes and 4EverLost like this.
  5. devourerofmemes

devourerofmemes Avatar

Free attack is quite nice, it's very effective at low levels. Personally I really like the feel with bow, attack speed will increase how fast you can charge free attacks, so if you run "flurry", "reckless stance" and an attack speed weapon you can make it charge much faster. However, magic will scale very well as you level int and attunement, it just has a power curve stacked more at the end rather than upfront like free attack.

Lord Hettar Fimbultyr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.