Please get a PR person...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vallo Frostbane, Jul 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selene

Selene Avatar

Everyone is entitled to their opinion on whether a game will succeed or fail, but dang... if I disliked the game so much, I would find something better to do with my life than hanging out in their forums being all doom and gloom about it.

2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I don't want to be pedantic or anything (and this is directed at everyone) but there is often a vast difference between emotional responses.. and rational responses.

I can understand some emotional response if say.. you have a rare blood disease and this business seems wasteful or something.. but how rational is all this really?

mbomber likes this.
  3. Kensing Ton

Kensing Ton Avatar

Has it ever occurred to you that people also complain who DO want the game to succeed? Just because people complain doesn't mean they dislike the game. People express their frustration in different ways, so what you would do really means nothing to anyone else. Actually, it comes off more like the usual "I'm better than you because I would choose to deal with it in a way I've decided it better for everyone else". We all paid for the game just like you and are entitled to express our displeasure in whatever way we choose as long as it doesn't violate the rule of the forums.

If the negative responses bother you so much, maybe your own conviction that the game will succeed is a bit too fragile. You may want to consider figuring out why that is instead of passing judgement on others who don't share your opinions.

Ice Queen likes this.
  4. Baratan

Baratan Avatar

I want the game to be awesome, popular and great. I'm complaining because it isn't.

5. Deides

Deides Avatar

Yes they DO need a PR person, and i HOPE the PR person would advise RG not to do those things in the future... that is.... disturbing.

Alley Oop likes this.
  6. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Has it occurred to you that when someone only complains it doesn't sound like they want it to succeed? A little positive feedback goes a long way too.

7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

mbomber and KuBaTRiZeS like this.
  8. Kensing Ton

Kensing Ton Avatar

That is an issue you have to work out for yourself: Why do you assume that? Not really my or anyone else's problem.

Has it ever occurred to you or the rest of the "beautiful people" that simply asking would answer your misperception? No, it's far easier to label people as trolls, haters, "unwashed masses", whatever, and look down from on-high and throw veiled insults and jokes instead.

If you think the naysayers are the only problem in this "community", think again.

9. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Not all publicity is good publicity.............especially when the general consensus is hatred and disgust.

[​IMG]

Alley Oop likes this.
  10. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

...another thread that really needs to be locked.

Rufus D`Asperdi likes this.
  11. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

It's one thing to criticize the game design feature or express frustration that thing doesn't go the way you expect. It's a different story when you started calling other player names or insulting their purchasing choices. The latter does nothing but nurturing toxic environment.

You yourself said that you are turned off by the community, so perhaps refraining from attacking other players may help reducing the negative characterization of what you are calling out here?

Anyhow, as for selling artworks for find raising, as long as it's gonna add fund for thing such as paying Unity guys to expedite their work on fixing the darn crash, who really care if they use their blood, sweat, and tears if that's what it take to make things happen?

Don't like it, don't buy it. It's not cool to mock other people who want the bundles and support the team.

Acred and mbomber like this.
  12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I assume that the "General Consensus" you cite is in reference to the reliquaries. On what evidence are you basing your conclusion that the general consensus is one of hatred and disgust?
    I've personally seen quite a range of reactions expressed both here and on the threads referenced from various review sites. The reactions I've read have ranged from the Hatred and Disgust you mention through acceptance of what this is (A publicity stunt) to grand amusement.

Personally, based on the reading I've done, I'd say the general consensus is more in line with "Oh, publicity stunt."

Also, I find the comparison of the production and sale of a few objets d'art that contain a few drops of human blood to a criminal securities fraudster and CEO of a company that held the lives of customers hostage for profit a bit hyperbolic.

Fister Magee and mbomber like this.
  13. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Firstly read player reviews outside the community.

Secondly, I made no comparison I was just pointing out that not all "publicity" is good........which for some weird reason some of this community seem to think it is.

The bottom line is 20% growth to 6% growth then pulling stunts like this..............this isn't attracting new blood (excuse the pun), its just more expensive stuff that is being bought up by fanboys whilst damaging the game yet again.

Ice Queen likes this.
  14. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

It's frustrating to read this type of misinformation. As usual you have no idea what it's doing or what it's not doing. You don't like it, fine. But please stop speaking for other people, it's annoying.

15. Eina Stein

Eina Stein Avatar

It wreaks of desperate measures, coupled with ego.

But what is done is done. Just like the last 3 years of development of this game. This is their(devs) playground, you just get to watch the trainwreck.

Alley Oop and Ice Queen like this.
  16. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

6% growth is misinformation?

Ice Queen and FrostII like this.
  17. Eina Stein

Eina Stein Avatar

Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
    Alley Oop likes this.
  18. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

You're not keeping things in perspective. We do get some bones thrown to us, but thinking targets aren't being met is just wildly speculative. That Potalarium has hit practically every single milestone is noteworthy... It's fun for me to be the critic and stand on the spectator side of the fence, but the obvious truth of things is that it's all looking pretty good.

FrostII likes this.
  19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I have, and so stated.
    I disagree... the inclusion of the image of Martin Sherkli was most certainly meant to draw an equivalence between the incidents... A comparison attempting to equate the publicity surrounding his crimes with the publicity surrounding a few wallhanging of questionable taste.

20. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Ice Queen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.