Concerned About Housing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DyNaMiX, Sep 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Not even half the plots in the store have sold yet...I don't think theres going to be as big a shortage as you seem to be afraid of.
    As for the number of plots ... there has been no "Offical" word on how many total there will be in the first release...remember this game is supposed to grow...
    No I think, the worry is much ado about nothing.

As for storage, houses are nice for those people who are pack rats (like me) but even without a house I will be surprised if there isnt some kind of bank or self storage rental units in the game...and if there arent people will create them by having multiple plots and houses and setting the accesses appropriately.

TigerKhan and Phredicon like this.
  2. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

I must disagree. There are two primary reasons why housing hasn't dried up yet: 1. currently, large financial comittments are required for house ownership, and 2. we're still in early development. Both of these reasons will no longer stand come launch time, and just like UO's housing did (which was significantly more abundant) SotA plots will dry up, and the added rarity will make them very valuable (for the record, I support limited housing).

TigerKhan and Vyrinor like this.
  3. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Well I guess we will see. I doubt RG will let it get too out of control. Some times a little faith in the master of creation is required.

4. Myth2

Myth2 Avatar

I think it was RG himself that said that only 20% of players will own housing. Keep in mind that rare and limited housing was an idea created by the devs.

TigerKhan likes this.
  5. TigerKhan

TigerKhan Avatar

I'm sure there will be a bank to store your loot in like UO.

6. Emso Boydon

Emso Boydon Legend of the Hearth

FTFY

7. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Yes, this has been stated.

More lots open up in later when the yearly expansions come (5 promised in total). Every one of those probably will add:
    more map
    more villages/toens/citys
    and therefore more plots to settle up.

To address the fear that wealthy ppl will own several plots, I hope it will take serious effort to build up enough gold to buy one and shoud someone own more than one, the tax on the land should increase so there would be definite limit on how much land one person could own. Just a tought.

Then there are Guilds that I think will serve for lot of ppl as base and "house", specially for those that dont want, need or cant have plot of their own.

TigerKhan likes this.
  8. Rain Greyraven

Rain Greyraven Avatar

My concerns are overpopulation, and abandoned towns (unless they let monsters over run them and open up questing options)SWG was so cringe worthy because there were these huge sprawling towns in the most ridiculous places , for those reasons yeah I hope housing is uncommon, UO had serious issues with house sprawl as well…I just don’t want to see that happen here.

9. TigerKhan

TigerKhan Avatar

I think that is why the tax is being placed on housing.... people will have to be online to take gold and pay for the lot monthly; if they don't, the lot will go available for someone who is playing on a normal basis to keep from ghost towns from accuring.

Rain Greyraven likes this.
  10. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

I also think the two tier map will help prevent the apparent housing sprawl....you have have HUGE tracts of land...I mean urban and suburban areas which only take up a pinpoint on the "Over Map", thus you preserve the wildreness AND accomodate all the Housing needs of the player base. Just like Basements will in theory allow you to have village sized interiors for your house and yet....not take up more space on the map.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.