Change walls / floors?

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Rosemourne, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Does anyone know if it's been stated if you can change the floors or walls? I'm working my way up to a Knight pledge and love the castle, but I really hate the dirty look to it. I feel the Founder's home is more appealing because it doesn't look like a run-down, filthy dwelling.

derek6665, Deliverence and OSullivan like this.
  2. Dracowyr

Dracowyr Avatar

Hi Rosemourne!

That's a good question! They may have something like 'texture packs', since it's a realatively easy thing to change, but I'm not sure if they've discussed this yet.

Keep in mind also that you're not seeing the final texture and model, so it most likely will change before release.

3. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

@Rosemourne - I know what you mean the floors just look filthy I've expressed my concern regarding this to, but you should know the house isn't quite finished yet expect to see more changes.

OSullivan likes this.
  4. Tartness

Tartness Avatar

Being able to paint, stain, and render things in game would be pretty cool if it is done right. It could take sometime to get into the game though, at this point in time I'm ok with housing looking like it actually came from a medieval period as that is what we are playing in. :) Although I suggest this not for changing houses really but for enriching the items produced by crafters.

If the guys wish to program for our vanity a bit later on in another episode, it would be very interesting to see what they come up with, only I would say it should be limited to the inside of the house... I don't want to walk outside and find myself surrounded by houses that have been rendered all colours of the rainbow...

OSullivan likes this.
  5. Deliverence

Deliverence Avatar

I agree AvatarAcid I think the textures would have to be locked in by the devs to so you can only use certain textures that would suit the house to prevent any crazy colour schemes happening.

OSullivan likes this.
  6. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

I don't think customizable houses will be available until a later episode. The devs have too much on the plate right now to worry about that for episode 1.

7. DEricF

DEricF Avatar

You mean you don't want to live next door to something like this?

[​IMG]

Wsye, Deliverence and smack like this.
  8. stile

stile Avatar

Its been stated that the current thought is that there will not be texture custimization for intial release but that custimization aspects are something they want to consider for future updates. Last I read.

Deliverence likes this.
  9. Kilhwch

Kilhwch Avatar

I think it would be cool to change the walls/wallpaper, floors, roofs, or banners/awnings. This would give the homes a more unique look, especially if there are several knight homes in a row.

Maybe even change the tint of the walls; some might be light gray stone, dark slate, or red clay?

OSullivan likes this.
  10. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Well they did say once they hit the 2.5 million stretch goal mark that instead of focusing on implementing the Oculus VR support, they would use the time and $$ to focus on things like expanding house customization options. So I would be dissapointed if they did not give us a lot of Episode 1 house customization.

11. smack

smack Avatar

Yep, far more people will be interested in house customization than VR, let alone have access to VR gear. That is not to say there are other areas people would be prioritize over these two, just saying relative to the two. Also, house customization can be provide ongoing cashflow via selling decorative items or customization features. Worth the investment to build the plumbing for that.

OSullivan, Vyrinor and Deliverence like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.