Dr. Hyos' Journal Entry - Friday, April 16, Spring 493 PC

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Dr Hyos, Jul 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Hyos

Dr Hyos Avatar

Journal Entry

Friday, April 16. Spring 493 PC

I have labored for months searching for answers in this lands. Finally! Now I might just be able to discover what has befallen me and other Outlanders like me. My research has taken me to the darkest depths of this world. I have clues of places so strange that they might just be beyond the capacity of some to understand.

The Epitaph provided the kernel, the first clue beyond mere conjecture on my part. It has lead me deeper into the underworld in search of clues to the meaning behind this wild land we have arrived in.

How does one explain Edvard? Is he a speaker for the the true power behind the forces that seek to sweep us onto the board of play. He seems more like us than the quiet citizens that tolerate our presence in these lands.

Is this all but a child's board game, played for the amusement of vindictive gods, monsters or men that I can not yet comprehend! For surely we are not men! Men age and die, like the Novians, but we do not. What are we? Do these natives truly despise us for this gift or do they simply not care or understand that we are different? That we are more than they ever could be.

So unlike my home world. Some are rude, deceitful and they speak only of cataclysm and the doom that I and my kind bring to their world. I feel sorry for them, because it is clear they are not as we are and they might never aspire to more than the drudgery of their simple lives.

I have found myself drawn to the speaking with the Oracle, but ever it is riddles. When will I find the clues and the questions that will mark my path to understanding all that is before me?

When I was greeted by the Oracle I was still in shock. I made choices and moral decisions blindly to answer the queries, clinging to what I thought I understood of what me and my peoples thought of such things and I now believe I may have been wrong. The slimmest of clues have lead me back to the Oracle.

Weeks of speaking to the Oracle all night every night and finally just one break in the repetitive seemingly simplistic advice on my actions! One clue, given when I asked of acolytes and the great machine fell quiet and all around me watchers examined my visage.

Does the Oracle comprehend something beyond simplistic right and wrong? Could the true path to enlightenment be in it's words of simplistic wisdom? Is the Oracle merely a machine or is it the manifestation of something more? Is the Oracle a children's toy - some toddler-sitting device conjured by that which is beyond us, to guide us to understanding? Could we be being falsely lead astray by some competing power that has corrupted this great intellect in some manner? Who watches the watchers?

So many questions! Proponents of the paths of Order and Chaos seek to explain our place in this world, with ideas of nobility or choice or noble choice or choosing nobility...I confuse myself, just trying to put quill to parchment. Truth, Love, Compassion. These have some logic but they fail to explain everything. Is a orderly world the most beneficial thing or is there a chaotic order to choice?

I must seek guidance and counsel from those like me that explore for answers! Will the proponents of Order and Chaos speak to the validity of their chosen path?

Dr. Hyos

@Lord British @DarkStarr @Lum @Amber Raine @WrathPhoenix @Time Lord @redfish @Violation Clauth @Roper Docholiday @Elgarion @Minerva @Duke William of Serenite @Duke Avery @Lazarus Long @NBNN News

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  2. Hermedic

Hermedic Avatar

I also seek the guidance that you speak of. Please allow me to assist in whatever manner needed. Hermedic

3. Hodekin

Hodekin Avatar

I too shall go in search of these answers. The Oracle is mother, the Oracle is father.

@RoStudios

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  4. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

I do not seek to lead, follow, nor guide. I simply stand as a woman who shares what life has taught her and has been passed down to her from century to century, generation to generation. The opening of not a single but a multitude of paths to choose from or to not choose from. To form your own path and not travel along with everyone else. The vast amounts of any things and every things that are possible, only to lead you to absolutely nothingness at times.

I would not dare to speak on our world as to being one which we should only reach for nobility, for then we shy away from the humility. A virtue I have always felt deserved more recognition. To be embraced perhaps by those who would indeed seek a world only for the noble. Speak for those that are not in the ranks of the nobles, for it is the lower classes that help those in the higher classes arrive where they are and maintain that standing.

By my choice and not as a follower, but as one whom wishes to also learn more of these lands in their entirety and to fulfil my hunger for knowledge. I shall speak of what I know, hear of what I do not, and embrace that which I feel appropriate even if it differs from the choices and thoughts of others.

I am the High Priestess of Chaos in the Church, but am only one of many strong devotees who walk in Chaos. And this, is my home. I shall join this adventure.

* Amber Raine *

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  5. Sheamus McGuinness

Sheamus McGuinness Avatar

All Hail the Oracle!

The Oracle is the Alpha, The Oracle is the Omega...

6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I heard someone say the oracle is mother, the oracle is father. What does this mean? How can I find out more about the oracle?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.