Polearms build help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scoofy Crafts, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scoofy Crafts

Scoofy Crafts Avatar

Hey all just started last night and have been playing around with different ways to build a polearms character. I was thinking polearms, moon and subterfuge. I feel like this path would have to have light ar over heavy and would like to do alchemy if poisoning a spear is apossibility. Any thoughts or suggestions?

2. Curt

Curt Avatar

One or two handed polearms ?
    If one handed you can keep one hand free (it reduce fizzle)
    Or use it for a shield for example.

With polearms, moon and subterfuge you will lack any kind of ranged attacks .
    So get some ranged attack or work on skills that increase your movement speed.

3. Kuvu

Kuvu Avatar

With my pole build i went with AoE Def stacking you don't kill really fast but you last a long time. I go Reach innate then grab Defensive Positions for the polearms innate then for the combat i go with Puncture then Spinning Attack for the AoE. Next i go with Heavy Armor innate Deflection and then Endurance for str and hard headed for Stun res then i go with Fire Arrow for a ranged attack to pull with and then you can drop to Fireball for an added AoE and also the innates here Fire Reach and Fire Proof for res. Also i like to pick up some Death magic for some of the ruff mobs in the dungeons i like to use Death Ray and you can also use Death Touch for lifetap heal. Tactics i go with Train Strength Heavy Lifter Armor Preservation and Weapon Preservation. I have been playing with Subterfuge this round for dex, trying to see if it will increase crits or not... also i like the innates in Earth Sympathy of Stone and Bulwark of earth.

I like to use a lot of the innates, to me you get more bang for your buck, you get a skill that adds to your character but doesn't take up a combat slot. Also i throw in some Focus for mana, with so much heavy the + to non fizzle helps. The end result is that you're a walking tank, you take very little hp dmg and armor/weapon dmg and you can play your AoE's out nicely. I tried a Hoplite build (1h pole and shield) previously but i never really had any luck with it. If you find something that works with a Hoplite build post it i would like to try it out.

Side note Pole works great for PvP since you have a longer reach and you can pull them back to you....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.