Lot deeds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ordovicia, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

So am I correct in what I see. There are no more small or medium lot deeds to be purchased with in game gold, unless of course I want to be in a POT that could disappear if the person quits or throws me out for any reason.

I understand there is a lottery to win them later, but chances of that I would imagine will be slim or they would just sell them normally.

So the game is not even released and land is pretty much gone? Maybe I am missing some facet of how this works but so far I am unimpressed with the land system in this game. How do you draw in new people who, I would imagine fancy housing or they would most likely play another game with better combat and crafting.

I know this isn't UO but I always liked the idea that you could always buy a small house and place it, albeit in a bad location, but it was possible if you worked hard enough.

Please, if I am missing something enlighten me.

2. mass

mass Avatar

I may not be the best source of information, but here's my understanding:

-During this release, lots are only accessible to pledge deed owners on their scheduled deed placement time.

-Next release opens up deed purchase/placement to the rest of us peasants

-They created 30% more lots that are not in POTs than the total number of pledge deeds that existed on the night of final wipe. You have a shot at these next release.

It will be interesting to see how it works out. The game was clearly designed to make real estate a rare commodity that has a potential real money trade value, and some percentage of players buying up the real estate with real money have that in mind. The 30% extra lot deeds gives you a shot, but may actually just be enough to be scooped up by all the large guilds, leaving solo peasant players homeless :) In my mind, though, the POT's (depending on who you deal with) are relatively low risk, as my understanding of it is even if they throw you out, all our stuff ends up in your bank. But more of a hassle finding a good POT as opposed to just finding a standard lot.

Ordovicia likes this.
  3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

This is also why the Lottery System is being implemented, rather than just putting the extra lot deeds on the web site or selling them for in-game gold. Either of those options would make it easier for those with large organizations or deep pockets to monopolize them. The Lottery System provides a more equitable mechanism for obtaining a limited resource that is less likely to lock out "The Little Guy" to use @Chris' phrase.

Ordovicia likes this.
  4. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

Gotcha, thanks for the replies folks. I like the game but if there is no chance at working my way up to a house by in-game means (not my wallet) then not sure it is for me. Anyway, I have paid for the first episode so maybe my view of this will change.

hoylegu likes this.
  5. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Really dont think a POT would dissapear if the owner stopped playing
    IMO POT's are starting to look like a better alternative than NPC towns

NRaas likes this.
  6. Zaggs

Zaggs Avatar

I would have there is a mechanism for transferring ownership of the town, or one should be put in place. Or hell just take over the other person's account.

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I wouldn't write off home ownership... It's very early... people will leave... Lots will come available... Yes, it is limited by design, but lot ownership is Not forever. There will be turnover.

Also, if the idea of living in a POT isn't completely abhorrent... there are Many Governors who are Very committed to the game and making a place in the world for Avatars to live and play.

I happen to be very familiar with one, and more information is available through the thread linked through my signature below. However, my oft repeated caveat over the last couple of years: If you don't trust your landlord, don't live in their town.

Good luck to you.

8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yes.
    You are missing this:

"Land is limited in SotA, and the available property deeds are going fast. If you purchase your Property Deed through the Add-On Store, you will have lot placement priority over everyone else that waits until SotA launches before they purchase a property deed."

If you think that's good or bad is of course up to your own judgment.

9. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

I was hoping land was just extremely expensive so im dissapointed too but the other way around kind of :confused:

10. mass

mass Avatar

I've been looking for details on the lottery system, and as far as I can tell, it isn't clear whether or not the lottery will necessitate in game gold or real money. I agree, though, if the only way to obtain housing is through real money or to have to pay absurd prices to in-game real estate barrons, it limits the appeal of the game for me. I always expected it to work as in previous releases; that'd you'd be able to save enough gold to buy some crappy middle of nowhere place from an NPC. I hope they clarify the details on this soon.

Ordovicia likes this.
  11. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

Exactly, I was under the impression (maybe my own fault for not looking deeper into the matter) if I worked hard in game I could reach some form of housing. But it really doesn't sound that way to me at the moment.

hoylegu likes this.
  12. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

Thanks for your reply, and I think land should be limited, but it sounds to me like if you didn't buy into the game for a rather large sum of real life money then you are most likely out of luck no matter what you do in-game. To me it seems like the major selling point of the game is already gone, what exactly are you selling this game on then...the combat? Not that the combat is horrible but lets be honest, it isn't stellar either.

13. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

I would really like to know the answer to this. If a POT owner quits the game, what happens to the POT?

Also, thanks for the reply!

14. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

Yes you are right it is still very early and a home in a POT doesn't sound horrible to me if you find the right POT owner. Just has some concerns that otherwise wouldn't be there if it was and NPC town. None the less time will tell.

15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

One advantage of POTs that I seldom see metioned, and admittedly one of my motivators for purchasing one, is a modicum of control over who one's neighbors are. NPC Towns and PRTs don't afford this luxury.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  16. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

I actually have no idea, my guess is it would just sit there much like my rent free lot deed.
    Though I am sure the question has been asked so the answer is out there, probably.

17. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I get your point.
    I will wait and judge after I saw the lottery System.
    Though my guts tell me we need more row lood deeds in the store. Even if it's 'only' PoT only deeds.

Ordovicia likes this.
  18. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Gold Crowns could be purchased from the add on store and sold for in game gold and allow a player who is willing to spend real monerean advantage over your average player who doesn't wish to.

That said, the tax system does somewhat lessen the desirability of expanding your virtual property as it comes at an increased in game gold cost or real world money cost (as it can be paid with gold crowns).

Still, those with deep pockets can easily tip the lottery scales slightly more in their favor if they wished. I don't think it's a wise decision!

It is less of an advantage than if the other two systems were implemented though.

19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Exactly... No one has claimed it was an even playing field... Even I in the post you quoted said "More Equitable." I did so with forethought and intent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.