Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Masterwork didnt destroy item on fail....

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by Boedy Arc, Jul 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boedy Arc

Boedy Arc Avatar

repruduce every time.... no lost on silver or dagger

Krohon likes this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

On which item are you observing this occur at which table?

Krohon likes this.
  3. Boedy Arc

Boedy Arc Avatar

i was in aeria station with iron dagger level 1 skill.... i try some times...... with 25 silver got level 17 and even didnt destroy anything on 87% chance 58%chance just on 6% its realy broken

Krohon likes this.
  4. deaconthasmoker

deaconthasmoker Avatar

Also getting this when crafting all pieces of the Epic Leather

My chance was 20% and failed, and all it ate on failure was the wax, none of the leather (or metyal binding when making the chest)

I was using the tailoring crafting table in Resolute, in the large crafting station with the trainer / supply vendor

Krohon likes this.
  5. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

@Attenwood Also happened to me while making a Masterwork Longbow. Didn't lose anything... chance was 80%... it failed a few times but nothing was lost (silver and bow were still in the window). Removed items from table added them back... it did it again. Tried it with the silver stacked and unstacked... never lost anything in either case. Will hold off making any more if this is bug.

This was the latest build (452)

Here's a screenshot of the results.... says it was shattered but it's not, the materials are still in the crafting station. This was on my own Expert crafting station. Located right next door to the pavilion with crafting stations in Aerie.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    Krohon likes this.
  6. Mr. Hatter

Mr. Hatter Avatar

I just had it happen to me on a bow as well, just wanted to confirm that this bug had been posted, or if it was working as intended but the tool tip was not updated.

Using Benefactor Expert Carpentry Table

Krohon and cartodude like this.
  7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

That is pretty bad. Going to be some people out there with some awesome gear already.

Krohon and cartodude like this.
  8. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

@DarkStarr If this is a bug... assuming it is supposed to destroy your materials and equipment on any failure, then masterworking should be disabled until this is fixed. I'm hoping people aren't already exploiting this to get skilled up and craft tons of +gear already. If it is a bug then the gear should be destroyed and the skills rolled back.

Krohon and Ackinma Zatochi like this.
  9. Mimner

Mimner Avatar

I observed this when crafting wands. It only failed to destroy on the first masterwork, the second one destroys my wands on failures. I've only tried upgrading wands that have the exceptional 50 durability bonus.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
    Krohon likes this.
  10. icekiss

icekiss Avatar

I just tried enchanting a ring. It failed twice without destroying any materials. Suceeded on the 3. try.
    So its not only happening with masterworking, but with enchanting as well!

Krohon likes this.
  11. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

@DarkStarr so any word on this yet? There's been no response since last Friday. Is it a bug or working as intended? Which is wrong ... that the materials still exist after a failure or the text saying that they were destroyed? If they are no longer going to be destroyed on failure then it's working but the text is wrong... but if they are supposed to be destroyed as the text implies, they aren't.

Krohon likes this.
  12. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

I've submitted this. Thank you for reporting, everyone!

Krohon likes this.
  13. Jack Knyfe

Jack Knyfe Avatar

Krohon likes this.
  14. Scoffer

Scoffer Avatar

Noticed this myself when trying to mastercraft a shield. Doesn't consume anything on failure the first couple of times but once it succeeds once then it "fixes" itself and items start getting destroyed on failure.

15. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

Same here ... Details following

I did it today (build from 9:00am your time over there ;) ) with epic leather chest armors. The first fails nothing was destroyed, then I had some successes (on different items) and after that I had also destroyed items on a fail (on second masterworking and also the first step tried).

I had the skills at ~60 tailoring and 1 Tailor-Masterworking at the beginning and the first fail which destroyed the item was roundabout on MW-level 15 (I had leveld the skill quickly with over 70k xp in the pool) which was after ~7-10 tries (from which the first 3 were the only fails). The "Item kept on fail"-bug didn't happend again after the first 3 times. I made about ~20 more tries in total where all fails destroyed the armor and gave scrap (2 times a epic leather chestpart (first time the second attempt, the later a first MW-try) and once on a pair of epic leather shoes).

I did all this at a founder's station in OH.

Hope this details will help you.

Krohon likes this.
  16. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We believe we have identified the issue for this on Live. It's a systemic problem with proficiency. If a player attempts to Masterwork/Enchant an item without a high enough crafting level required to do so, it SHOULD produce a UI window that says "You are not high enough to Masterwork/Enchant" and list what level is necessary to do so. Instead, it correctly fails and doesn't take anything, but instead of flagging the proficiency failure, it assumes it's a normal failure and gives you experience instead.

This fix will be present in R33. Thank you for the continued reports.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.