Where do I start with my rant?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brigit, Jul 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brigit

Brigit Avatar

First off . As always my "Your game is to dark rant" Don't give me your "up the brightness line" Don't help much. Nothing wrong with my puter and other games I play are fine. Second point. Merchant NPC in Soultown keeps wandering off and wont respond to my clicks on him. When he dose come back he is swomped and still wont responed to me. Third point LAG need I say more? Last point cant find arrows on NPC vendor in Soultown like I did pre wipe. You changed the game not all of it for the best my opinion. I think I am bugged in some way.

Josh Randall likes this.
  2. Enziet

Enziet Avatar

The game is dark so you will have to use your light spells and torches to get the full environmental effects to help with immersion. Try using them.

Being Pre Alpha there probably isn't a ton of computer power to throw into the live server at the moment. The community isn't very large at the moment and more than half of them will be gone in less than a month to wait for the next big "release". Right now most of the lag is just people rushing in to get their housing plots :)

Yes you are bugged.

3. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

hiya - let me clarify a bit.

@ dark: the game has a brightness and you found it. ok. your graphic driver has a brightness as well (e.g. AMD-control-center has a games-corner where you can adjust the brightness for every game)
    @ NPC: they follow in SOTA a day-night-rhythm and to make things worse the rhythm is bugged :). Sometimes the female blacksmith turns up at midday, someimes at afternoon and I had it already at midnight too. When they "feel" it's time to go they go - they don't care if you talk to them or nor.
    @ response: When they appear after a nighttime they tend to answer normal talk but don't offer items. Dunno if that's a feature but the Merchant in Soltown does that for example. NPCs are special in SOTA.
    @ bugged: yeah - many things are bugged right now. Hopefully they get their grasp on that in time.

Stahlknecht likes this.
  4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Did you file the bug report regarding the NPC not responding? I was able to interact with them while they are at their usual spot or their "bed room", but haven't tried nagging them while they were moving between the two locations.

Also it would be more productive and easier to read if you could make a bullet point for each point you want to bring up.

Good feedback!

Stahlknecht likes this.
  5. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

I must be bugged also because the game is so dark I can barely see anything at night even with my brightness turned all the way up - which btw is freaking stupid!

Why would/should I have to adjust brightness just to see things I should see in the day?

Something's broke and it's not me!

6. Kuvu

Kuvu Avatar

Have you instead of increasing brightness increased your gamma? Some games i have to do that. Kind of washes it out at times but it does make things clearer for me atleast.

7. Kuvu

Kuvu Avatar

Gamma try that/

8. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

The game is not dark enough. They keep making it less dark and it's ruining it.

Miracle Dragon and GreyMouser2 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.