People Need to Talk More

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fain, Jul 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

Also Zone is not on by default, so not everyone will have it on.

Acred likes this.
  2. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I don't have time to talk, I got things I got to do... If I want to talk, I would go to an event or sit in a pubb or just hang out... But other than that, I got things to do, I don't have time to talk...

Acred likes this.
  3. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I'm one of those people who have been standing around in Owl's Head spamming spells, haha! I mean, really, the sooner I can get skills like purify that never, ever get used in parties up to 40 to open resurrect, the sooner I can be more of an asset to my party. We might look like afk macroing fiends, but I'm always there, and more often than not, I will readily chat and offer advice or a friendly wave.

The way the chat window is set up on default is a nightmare when you are just starting out, I mean, it's a constant stream of information, and God help you if it comes unpinned and you have no idea how to turn it back on. I could not follow chat for weeks when I started because I could not even figure out how to keep the thing always open, much less filter out npc, combat and other random info. Give it some time for people to figure out wth is going on. In my experience, this community is very chatty and friendly.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  4. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Is there something special that we need to do to turn on zone chat?

5. Fain

Fain Avatar

Hi audacity! There is! If you click on the gear on "Tab One" of your chat box anther window will appear where you need to click the box next to "zone" to enable it.

Audacity likes this.
  6. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

<3 Fain

Thanks!

7. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

Personally, I'm not much for idle banter and furthermore it is totally in character for a Druidess to use her words sparingly. Wisdom is seldom earned with the mouth open and tongue wagging!

As for practicing skills in town, I don't see any need to showboat it in a very public area, however I don't see anything wrong with practicing a skill outside of a combat situation. Assuming one has a surplus of experience that is... otherwise it surely is an exercise in futility, and a cause for humor rather than scorn.

8. OldManSmithers

OldManSmithers Avatar

Perhaps this is already possible, but I really wish there was an option to create another chat window instead of just a tab. I enjoy having my combat/chat separate, and do have the tabs set up that way, but that doesn't change the fact that I can only have one on the screen at a time. Many times, I'm watching combat log and come back to the other tab too late to respond to someone. Any way/word on getting another chat window created so I can have both visible?

9. Snikorts

Snikorts Avatar

Chat UI is quite hard to follow. Too many things in one tiny window :) I am missing simple communication from Ultima online

10. Lord Blackthorne

Lord Blackthorne Avatar

In this case I don't think a global chat or zone chat would be a bad idea. Made conversation fun in WoW. Not a bad idea to work off of. Lots of entertainment in it, too.

Fain likes this.
  11. CampersCrispin

CampersCrispin Avatar

Unfortunately I'm extremely introvert in real life and in the couple of years I have become so in mmo's too. But it was not always so, at least not in game, back when I played daoc, horizon and everquest 2(early days) it was different, but perhaps more importantly the community and attitude was different. But when mmorpgs grew into a common thing I kinda got affected by this antisocial solo style of play. One of the reasons I play sota is because I miss the old days, both the gam eplay and the community. I am trying to change!

I'm very happy with the game play so far, now I only need to work on my social skills.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Yes xroads Chat was a load of fun but I doubt a lot of the players here are made for smacktalk on that Level ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.