Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Subterfuge Skills progressing really slowly.

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by swiontek3625, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swiontek3625

swiontek3625 Avatar

1. Title: Subterfuge Skills progressing really slowly.
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? No
    4. Details: You already know about 'Engage Opponent' not advancing. Well, 'Trip' & 'Camouflage' have similar troubles. Both are progressing at a snail-pace compared to all the other skill rate gains. How slow you might ask? With attention to using each skill twice per combat, I should get to level 40 in the late first quarter of 2017. One step down the skill path to 'Silent Movement' has the estimate of early 2018 to get to level 40. And there are no date forecast for 'Sneak Attack' or 'Sap' as my computer cannot go out that far under Windows OS. :)
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Use the skill, Use a magnifying glass to see the skill advance.
    6. User Specs: Latest incarnation of SotA.

2. deaconthasmoker

deaconthasmoker Avatar

Trip gains are slow because the chance of landing is 50ish percent, and if it lands, they have a crowd control buff to make landing another one extremely low chance. It will only skill up on a successful trip.

Camoflage doesn't need to be used in combat so you can just keep using it as long as you have the pooled xp for it to take from.

You also need to remember, skill gains will be slow if you don't have much pooled exp. You'll get decent gains I've found when you are sitting around a constant 3k pooled xp.

Also worth noting, if you have a lot of innate skills training, and a combat mastery skill (especially this one) training they will chew through your xp pool extremely fast.

3. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

My camouflage hasn't progressed in 2 days and 50 or so clicks. Stuck at the beginning of 33.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.