Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Access control for Ornate Public Cache Chest

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by maathyas, Aug 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maathyas

maathyas Avatar

1. Title: Able to equip items from a container with restricted access control (public cache chest)
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker: may be gameplay breaking if players are not aware of this
    4. Details: Players were in Friends Only instances. Non-guild member (public) was able to equip items from a public cache chest that was restricted to Kindred only.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Non-guild member opens public cache chest and just right click to EQUIP items that can be equipped to their character. (eg: torch, sword, etc)
    6. User Specs: i7 16GB ram PC running Win10.

Was just testing with a non-guild member who was gracious enough to give up their time to test the Public Cache Chest. We found that even with access control active, she could equip items (with ZERO value) when other options transferring ZERO value items into the Public Cache Chest were not allowed.

Edit: Players were in Friends Only instances.
    Edit 2: Changed the Item to Non-Private and she was able to transfer items with value into the Public Cache chest. But not allowed to place ZERO value items.

Is this intended? And if so, I would just like to understand the reason behind that. Or did I set the permissions incorrectly? I assume plot permissions will not overwrite Public Cache permissions right?

Below are some images of my Permission settings, could someone take a look and let me know if I made a mistake somewhere?

Thanks.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  2. Serafina

Serafina Portalarian Emeritus

I've submitted this. Thank you!

maathyas likes this.
  3. Boric Steelmane

Boric Steelmane Avatar

I lost all my items in my chest too, I set it to private and seems anyone could still take items out of it. I also noticed its different from a normal chest with the permission options, so I wonder if its not ment to be set to Private since its a public chest. Would of been nice to get a warning. Luckly I didn't lose anything valuable.

4. maathyas

maathyas Avatar

@Darkonus, sorry to hear about your experience. Perhaps you could check the chest logs and their name(s) may appear.

Beyond that I will let the virtues guide you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.