Crowns of the Obsidian observation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eSpiRaL, Aug 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

The worm turns.....

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

As I said before, the glut of COTOs is due to them being pledge rewards. They will get used up.

3. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Agreed, im going to refrain throwing out the PTW thing, but it is concerning to me that more and more revenue driving content is being added to game when there is so much work to still be done on the game itself. I mean the amount raised was way over what initially they needed to develop. i get things change, but why not focus more on free content to keep people engaged versus more things to buy in the market place.

4. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

just think, if they would have listened to the people that preached against POT's in the beginning, we would have a game by now, launched.

Whyterose Flowers likes this.
  5. agra

agra Avatar

There's an infinite supply in the cash shop. I can buy far more COTO's than I would ever use, personally, by paying less than a monthly subscription fee for any other MMO.

6. eSpiRaL

eSpiRaL Avatar

At .85 cents a piece I do not predict they going away any time soon. I bought a bunch last night for 1200 gold a piece. Considering how much time and effort goes into making armor/weapons vs farming 1200 gold, the crafters will be waiting a long time before they see anyone re-buying new gear.

Let me state these facts. I am NOT a crafter. That being said, crafters and their vendors are the most important aspect of this game. If people don't see the need to price shop, most of the NPC/PRT towns are going to be desolate.

7. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I never said they were going away. What I said is that there's a glut of COTOs from pledge rewards.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    Elwyn likes this.
  8. eSpiRaL

eSpiRaL Avatar

Let me clarify my opinion for you. At .85 cents a piece I do not predict the glut going away any time soon.

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, you would be inclined to buy COTOs from the add-on store to sell in-game for gold coins?

10. eSpiRaL

eSpiRaL Avatar

Yes.

11. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Alright then. Personally, I'm not selling mine because they're much more useful to me than gold coins. I can easily make all the GC I need in-game.

12. Net

Net Avatar

I think what hurts crafting is that there is no way to repair max durability as crafter without using COTOs. And how freaking expensive it is to make really cool armour set that anyone would consider buying and how quickly such armour or weapon wears down.

Anyway COTO prices will go up, I think they will settle slightly above 5000 gold, because devs tied them to set gold value of taxes.

Also, how many crafters are using indestructible tools? Crafters not making crafting tools for other crafters hurt crafting way more imho. And the fact that crafting tools are so cheap on vendors. Just imagine how many gathering and crafting tools one set of ++++ armour would require.

Xandra7 likes this.
  13. eSpiRaL

eSpiRaL Avatar

So what? Are you suggesting that either of our personal behaviors has anything to do with the topic of this thread?

Here are the facts. Crowns are currently valued at around 2000-2500 gold in game for a mere .85 cents. Crafted items are much more valuable. The rarer/more valuable crowns become, the more likely someone is going to buy them online and sell them to exploit the price increase (this keeps the glut going). If this goes on to long, the gold price on crafted gear will plummet making it pointless to waste your time being a crafter.

Why buy from a crafter when I can spend MUCH less on crown to repair the item??

Ultimately COTOS are too cheap on the addon store.

14. eSpiRaL

eSpiRaL Avatar

Every time the price goes up it becomes more lucrative for people to buy them for real money and sell them in game.

15. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

What I expect is that Potalarium will make adjustments as needed, so the angst is really unnecessary.

FrostII likes this.
  16. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

And there will ultimately be equilibrium.

FrostII, Fister Magee and Net like this.
  17. eSpiRaL

eSpiRaL Avatar

The concern is valid. If the market on crafting items bottoms out because of COTOs are too cheap we are going to see people get discouraged. This should be adjusted asap to prevent that.

I am already hoarding/buying crowns from vendors and repairing my items with them instead of supporting the player economy. The game is LIVE right now.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Well, I guess the sky is falling then.

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  19. eSpiRaL

eSpiRaL Avatar

I am trying to have a discussion about a concern I have for a game I enjoy. I have stated nothing but facts and anecdotal evidence. I appreciate your opinions but now you have started trolling me with sarcastic hyperbole.

I will ignore you from now on, I suggest you do the same for me.

NRaas likes this.
  20. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Right, of which Portalarium is in total control. If it's a problem moving forward then they can do any number of things, like adjust the price of COTOs, adjust lot taxes and even disallow COTOs from being sold on vendors. I understand that you're concerned about it but have a little faith that they will do the right thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.