Lighthouse Lights...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by manufacturedsoul, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

So I think most everyone can admit at this point the lighthouse lights are extremely annoying especially when they are pretty much popping up everywhere since its the only decent water house that was affordable. Any chance DEVS that you could add an option to turn off light house lights in the settings or something. I think a lot of us would prefer that we didn't have to see them if at all possible! Thoughts / Comments?

Alexander, Kaisa and Alley Oop like this.
  2. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

I notice that the row lots in kingsport have not been taken along the water in the middle of town, historically they have gone quite quickly but this time there are 4!!! lighthouses up there making them really annoying row lots to choose (the lights flicker throughout most of the row lots and with 4 lighthouses its bad). I think they should light up but have a very short ray effect - maybe only up to the edge of the lot itself, not much more).

manufacturedsoul likes this.
  3. Gix

Gix Avatar

Better limit the amount of lighthouses to one per town.

:p

cartodude, Baalice and Kaisa like this.
  4. smack

smack Avatar

I think allowing the owner to toggle the light on/off would be great. I'd also like to see different colored lights or perhaps cycle the colors too. Maybe give it more range, tighten up the beam perhaps too. Or even change the rate of rotation. Would be cool if you can sync all that with some music too.

Let's make Kingsport look like a laser light show! :D

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

having the owner toggle the light wuld have to have some different tech than normal house lighting, or it'd be back on evey time the scene reset.

how about only have the light active when the owner is in the scene?

6. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

I like this idea, assuming a toggle in settings wasn't an option. The shorter the ray effect the better. To be honest it's not so much the light itself that bothers me or probably most others, it's those annoying spinning Ray effects.

7. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

Personally, I like the lighthouses and the lights from them :)

8. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Its not so much the lights on top as the ray effect that they shine all over other people's property. That's what is annoying. If you like it so much try living in a plot that has a few of them nearby shining all over it or the surrounding area 24/7. Immersion broken...

Alexander likes this.
  9. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

I have and dont mind the lights, but to each their own. Its not like I spend a lot of time at my house anyway :)

Duncan O. McDermott likes this.
  10. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Well people like you are the reason I initially suggested a toggle under settings so players like you who like annoying intrusive lighting effects flashing their screen non-stop can have them, and those that don't can hide them.;)

Alexander and Whyterose Flowers like this.
  11. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

Personally I like the light, but it would be nice to have a vendor automatically turn off the light for an hour for say the price of 1 gold. ;) Problem solved!

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Don't mind the light if it's one last Lighthouse. It actually adds to the scene.
    But Kingsport is the best example something has to happen.

Mac R likes this.
  13. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

It even would not be as bad if the light were culled properly by the outside of a house but it isnt, and even if it was the rays coming through windows on some properties would still be an annoyance. The light itself is not the issue, its the rays, why on earth we need them beyond the extent of the owners plot is beyond me.

14. fattymoomooman

fattymoomooman Avatar

Seeing as how I have not been happy with my town lot placement I have been considering putting my row lot somewhere better instead and playing with the town lots position later when some of the zones get a makeover/completed and its possible to zone in at different points.

As a test I took the far row lot next to the lighthouses in Kingsport and put up a 4 story viking home - closed windows, better internal lighting, as a test to see if this lessened the effect of the rays, with the large open rooms they actually wind up more annoying than before. This really does need addressing, I have seen a city lot airship next to a lighthouse with rays beaming in - I would be pretty annoyed with a house that epic putting up with the neighbors light pollution lol.

15. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

Hopefully the devs will see that this really does bother some people, epically after paying a lot of money for the chance to secure their plot only to be semi ruined 2-3 days later by someone else's poorly designed house effect. Here's to hoping they can just put an option in the settings to TURN THIS NONSENSE OFF! PUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

16. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

How about just changing the intensity of the tower light beam to make it less annoying. That way the people who payed for it still get a functioning light house and the people it annoys are not annoyed.

17. Toff

Toff Avatar

You guys should come see Kingsport, 4 light houses in a row along the river, it's crazy annoying.

Mac R and Alley Oop like this.
  18. Hazard

Hazard Avatar

It would have been nice to see some variations of the traditional concept like a signal fire up top or a movable focused stream like the darklamp that can be directed toward a target for small periods of time (likely wouldn't solve light pollution, but may make the idea of side-by-side lighthouses on a river more tolerable) Any signal lights could have fit into the idea of a town needing a few Knights to activate their lights to trigger warning/status animations in the forthcoming overland map town animations once (or if) those are finally enacted. The developers could then tie these into any siege type scenarios perhaps. Lol... just trying to help.

19. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I remember raising this issue a very looooong time ago. Was wondering when this would resurface ;). I think a toggle in the options menu would work, but don't know if it's possible. Would at least allow each individual player to toggle it on or off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.