Disappointed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by antix, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

*psst* whisper that into a LOTM or Duke's ear :p
    Because it all applies just as you say, "Not all beggars are created equal" ;)
    Yet many of our LOTMs and Dukes are quite noble and will aide those that choose to befriend them :)

Do you actually think that our new players are doing nothing but sitting at home on your dime playing a video game? :D
    I'm in tax free lots with forever enduring armor... what is gold or more things to someone like me?
    A well trained friend is worth much more than any gold could ever buy...
    Fellowship and fun is all that truly matters ;)
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

2. Vaughan

Vaughan Avatar

Adventure, exploring, discovering and people are what make this game fun. There's no rush to do anything or beat anyone, just immerse! I'm so happy in a game to rely on real people for advice instead of an arrow compass or a dotted quest trail.

3. Joeble

Joeble Avatar

As a very new player I just don't get the OP's complaints at all. I do understand being lost and not really knowing what to do, but I found that awesome. Finally a game that doesn't lead me around by the nose to kill 5 of "X", repeat 900 times and click accept without reading the quest! Where you can wander around and find guys with big "?" that will give you quests, or a game that is all about the loot.

As for "stuff breaking" I call BS on that one, it took me days of playing to get any of my simple armor and weapons to break, and my original pickaxe still has about 10 durability on it after multiple mine runs. That is pretty good to me!

Before you say that I have lots of time on my hands...I play about 3-4 hours a night, and not 7 days a week. I also don't play until later at night when the wife is asleep, and work a 50-60 hour week.

This game isn't impossible, I just think gamers are so spoon fed with many games that they are very quick to cry foul over something that offers a challenge.

Also, the community is 100% wonderful. So far I haven't met anyone snarky or rude, and people are always willing to help...which led me to a guild taking me in and putting up with my endless questions :)

4. Kidain

Kidain Avatar

I doubt the original poster wanted anything other than to troll slightly. However as pointed out the response by this clearly more mature, more seasoned players has pretty much shown what this game is aiming for. Loving it so far I have very little play time

5. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

[​IMG]

6. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

:oops:~Our SOTA Addictions, Motivators, Commodities and COTO~
    Currently our economy hasn't gotten off the ground yet in any robust way at all, yet commodities are something that are very needed by our current craft skill raising SOTA professionals, which is a good relationship to be in.
    Taking our current economy a step into the future. The elder blacksmith makes a set of armor and weapon for the newbie, yet that same set of supper armor steadily wears down it's durability with every usage, which the GM blacksmith cannot repair.

So, unlike UO, when some GM crafter gives anything to the newbie, it's the same as giving them cocaine, because when the newbie needs to get more armor and weapons, they have become addicted to that level of power which was boosted while using the much better buffed equipment.

Thus in the same motivators as the COTO boost works, "a consumer is created who will pay in some form or another" :) because power boosts are addictive...
    Unlike UO, our gifts to others never last forever, becoming as needed as a good morning cup of coffee :D
    ~Time Lord~:rolleyes:

7. gladestone

gladestone Avatar

Refund it amazes me when people dont read the description of the game before you buy it..Look at the u tube videos, get information before buying..Im glad these type of games are coming back..They shouldnt even give your money back..Do you bring a car back after you buy it nope, do you bring a book back to the book store nope..Sad how every one thinks these days they deserve there money back..Its 40 bucks get over it..

Joeble, Cassandra Corax and Time Lord like this.
  8. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

I feel like Im in an argument with my wife...I know I agree with her, but am still in the argument ...but I dont know why :)

Just for reference Ive never playee UO, I played all the other Ultimas but was out of the country when UO was hot.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    Baalice, Mykll and Time Lord like this.
  9. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Well you have no idea if you are really going to the like final product of any KS project. Especially ones with no demos, no videos, nothing. But, being a KS project, you should know that going into it.

Baalice and Time Lord like this.
  10. Joeble

Joeble Avatar

This is an excellent point.

I agonized for at least a week, reading what I could, watching the videos and really trying to figure out if I should jump in and pay for a pledge. I almost waited, but for me the initial cost isn't a big deal, but my time sink certainly is!

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Sorry dude maybe wait for single player to be finished. If you don't have time for games like these better not play them.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.