Adventurers and Crafters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kittik, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittik

Kittik Avatar

I know this is a crafters game. Or at least the devs want crafters to have the best made stuff.

Awesome I'm down with that. But what is the adventurers goal? Are the rarest components to make the best master-crafted stuff only found on the bodies of the hardest mobs in the game? At least isn't that how it should be? I don't want the hardest mobs to have the best gear to loot, I want them to have the best components that crafters needs to make the best gear.

This way the crafters need the adventurers just as much as the adventurers need the crafters.

Beaumaris and Maeryck like this.
  2. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

The goal of the adventurer is to give the crafter money.

So get adventuring.

kennfusion and Kittik like this.
  3. Kittik

Kittik Avatar

Haha, as it's always been. But those greedy bastards need to give some back. So say the Underground Troll at the bottom of Epitaph has a rare ruby on him on something. Adventures can sell that to crafters for a hefty sum and the crafters need those rare items to make the better/best gear.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

depends on the craft. smithing and carpentry costs are drastically reduced by a supply of metal and wood scrap from dropped weapons. obsidian weapons and armor can only be made from obsidian chips, which are dropped in loot.

on the other hand, i get plenty of leather and cloth scrap by robbing the npc houses and fishing.

Kittik likes this.
  5. kennfusion

kennfusion Avatar

This is my hope that it is very symbiotic. The best loot drops should be components for the most skilled crafters. I don't think you even need to do it so you have to come find me, it could be that your Gem of the Underground Troll can be socketed in a weapon hilt that is made of one very rare metal with a blade of another very rare metal and then locked in with a rare scroll from an alchemist. That troll also had a big chest of gold that you can use to buy the components and then lock the sword in. And...because of the magical nature of this sword, it cannot be repaired, so will eventually be lost. Meaning you need to use more mundane weapons for just casual adventuring, which you also buy from merchants.

6. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I always pictured a big game of Civilization where gathers, crafters, and soldiers all worked together to make a city stronger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.