Quest issues, NPC dialogue / frustrations are still there

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scruffycavetroll, Aug 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

It ends up serving as a clue to what Spirit Talker you want to hire for your Necropolis trip.

Krohon likes this.
  2. scruffycavetroll

scruffycavetroll Avatar

That's probably where I'm hung up thusfar also. I haven't spoken to the spirit talker yet....due to what I mentioned earlier about pontiff not knowing where the inn is.

I went to the Palace of the mountain first and just walked right in. After that I needed the password for the other one...Soooooo, i guess had I gone back on the quest (I sidetracked to mine) and looked for the talker, I'd get the code.

This just seems like more hoops than necessary, mostly due to pondscum not knowing where the inn is. That's what I think is the most frustrating part.

I just imagine how much smoother this would all be if we got the WoW style text / quest system (minus the markers)

Krohon likes this.
  3. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

That are very different kind of quest, IMHO.

I believe SotA will gain on introducing "errands", that is, the typical FedEx kind of quest that people are used to do on MMOs. They are fun and easy. But I cannot call them quests, I have do hundreds of them without even read what is about, just for the XP, I don't remember the details of any (most likely I never knew about). I will most likely remember a bit about SotA quests, since they are far more challenging and, well, frustrating, until we find out.

I am not doing SotA quests without, from time to time, checking the net or asking other people help, it's a game and I have not that kind of time. It feels good that they are challenging enough to have to stop and think, but won't let it to block me too long. It is a game and I am practical person.

4. Draven2

Draven2 Avatar

Just curious.... are you a new player?
    Is this the first time you've ever done this quest?

I have long maintained for all games... if you have to look it up, it's broken.
    I love The Secret World... but there are some quests in that which are pretty much unsolvable without looking them up.
    Guildwars 2 is a massive offender. They have dungeons and raids which just don't give you any information within them as to how to solve them. You are expected to look them up before you go in. That's not a game... that's just following instructions.

I expect that this stage of development will be when they need feedback on the things that make no sense.
    Personally, I don't ever recall being told that one of the places will block me from entering. I also didn't consider that the Spirit Talkers were considered Warriors.
    I just don't understand why what's-'is-name sent us to see the two without giving us their respective entry visas.
    Do the Lord and the Lady really want to show us how absolutely pathetically petty they are, by having us jump through hoops just to see them? It comes off as spite. "You saw my spouse, now I'm going to make you go hunt down some random to give you a password/token that doesn't prove anything except that someone told you what the password/token was." I know I'm not interested in anything more they have to say. They can have issues with each other that we hear about and learn, but when you cause massive amounts of frustration for me, you just lost any credibility with me.
    Also, why ARE we getting told the password/token by some drunk person at the tavern? THAT doesn't sound very secure. Surely the guard should stop us and say "Only the worthy may enter. Bring me the head of a wolf/bandit/bear (something low level) to show you are worthy to go before the Lord."
    The Lady would have some different task, I'm sure.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  5. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

This quest gave me trouble as well. Saw Cudgel, Lady, and could 't get in the temple of the mountain. Talked to the Spirit Talkers, found one was a liar (Through quest dialogue) - but had no idea to ask the (spoiler) for the token/password. I asked every guard in town - eventually snuck in when another player opened the gate.

I don't mind tough quests with many stages; but, a primary quest (especially early quests) shouldn't be so hard to follow.

Maybe the assistant to the Lord/Lady could advise you that the spirit talkers might help you get in the other Palace.

6. Draven2

Draven2 Avatar

Maybe that's the way to do it?
    "Halt! Only the worthy may enter."
    "Oh... ok..."
    Stand around for a moment and then just go in when another player enters. =D
    It seems the current, easier solution. It certainly beats me walking all around the city 5 times trying to question every guard and warrior-looking person to head-desk bashing frustration.
    I was playing Solo Online, so no one opened the gate for me =)

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.