Good placement for row house?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bamboozle, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bamboozle

Bamboozle Avatar

Hey all,

I'm new to the game and hoping to get some advice from you all! Where is a good spot to place a row house? Ideally the house would save me some travel time.

Is it better to place in NPC town where I can sell stuff? Next to a dungeon so I can drop off loot?

Currently patching and will get to play tonight. :)

4EverLost likes this.
  2. Duncan O. McDermott

Duncan O. McDermott Avatar

I can only tell you what I am going to do when I can place my row. At first I thought I would like a house in Brit central, then the alleys. But by the time I do get to place I am sure those spots will all be gone. Ardoris has I think the most spots in the game for row, I might be wrong about that but it is a very high number. I will place there then look around more. I can get to most anyplace from there in a short time. It has all the amenities I want and the boatman lets me get to the gate really fast.
    Just where I am going I like hidden vale and there are some new towns there for row houses. It boils down to how you want to live.

4EverLost and Kara Brae like this.
  3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Welcome!

I assume you have looked at your account page and know when it is your turn to select a lot with your lot deed.

To prepare, I recommend that you take a look at the R32 Land Rush Status spreadsheet that community members are updating with the number of available lots per town. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_hs82dzPHslknz8jv0euMY_xwyuMbv5CRGoXbqM0zxg/edit#gid=0

There are separate tabs for NPC towns and PRTs (residential towns not part of the story line). There is also a new tab for Player-Owned-Towns.

The spreadsheet will tell you where row lots are available. The map at sotamap.com will show you where the towns are located.

Where you place your home is mainly a question of personal preference and playstyle. Take a look around, visit some of the towns and select something you like. Have some backup choices ready because someone may be quicker to claim the lot you want. I think it is safe to assume that the NPC towns will fill up first but that doesn't mean they are better.

faser, Maeryck and 4EverLost like this.
  4. Darkmelons

Darkmelons Avatar

If you are not interested in a player town, we enjoy Brekken Bay just NE of Britanny. Plenty of space still left, but less every day.

5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

There are plenty of spaces all over, not many in the large more populous towns but there are PRTS that are empty. Any place you like is the right place, it is all from a personal perspective.

Are you a hermit who wants to live one you own?

Are you a social butterfly who wants to stand on your porch and spread gossip to everyone?

Are you a merchant who wants to sell your wares?

three are so many different mindsets not one will suit you so . . .

Go out explore wander around see what is avail. make your own list and when the time comes cross your fingers and go for it.

4EverLost likes this.
  6. Jasper8282

Jasper8282 Avatar

When I checked yesterday Ardoris has something like 120 available slots still. Hardly anyone is settling there. There are a LOT of prime Row plots available there (by banks, crafting stations, etc)

Kara Brae likes this.
  7. Bamboozle

Bamboozle Avatar

Thanks everyone. I'll check out some spots this week. Overall, I'll probably start as a crafter until I can build some income and for building other skills.

My laptop also currently sucks for pvp lol.

8. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Storms reach has great row lots right in downtown. Come join us! :)

9. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

+Weins201 what do you recommend for the gossipy vendor?

Jasper8282 any connection to the Manhattan college jaspers?

10. Bamboozle

Bamboozle Avatar

Where are the most heavy traffic areas in the game so far? I'm hoping to set up a noob vendor and wondering where I can get pretty good foot traffic.

Thanks for the help!

KMarshal Ruin likes this.
  11. 3dmark

3dmark Avatar

Can you even set up a vendor on a row house?

12. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

yes

3dmark and NRaas like this.
  13. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

The best place is going to be vendor alleys (brittany alleys), its like a mall.

Acred, KMarshal Ruin and BiggieD like this.
  14. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Brit alleys

15. 3dmark

3dmark Avatar

Maybe you like running all over the place. If not, consider Pericaliya. It's a small town right outside Aerie. Take the insta-ferry from the world map, using the little boats beside Aerie.

There are still row houses looking right onto the main square. There are crafting stations, all the usual vendors, bank, etc., right outside your door. And the walk to the ferry back to Novia is about 30 seconds. And on the main map, you get immediate access to Aerie and hunting grounds.

Acred likes this.
  16. Zader

Zader Avatar

Welcome "Recall" :)
    I like the name. Good luck with the Row house!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.