PvP Multiplayers Mode Online

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Abydos, Aug 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

:)

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Non the less:
    I think a seperated pvp mode isn't the solution we need.
    Who should play it anyway?
    There aren't much PvPers left.
    Pvp needs to get more attractive for people. For a lot of different play styles. Otherwise the game will miss something.

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

And obviously there are many people who find that enjoyable and entertaining. I support the PvP community and wish them to have whatever they desire to make the game fun for them with the lone proviso that I be able to opt out of it because I do find many of the ... activities ... that come with PvP not in the least enjoyable just as you seem to not find dress up and virtual decoration enjoyable.

To each their own. Support the desires of those that enjoy different things. Diversity makes for a stronger community whether that community be real or virtual.

4. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

And you would be happy at the expense of others... Therein lies the root of my objection to non-consensual PvP.

5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Exactly my stance.

6. Repsej Sonnils

Repsej Sonnils Avatar

If Odin calls for blood, Odin will get blood. So I would do it in an RP way, before i sentence you to death. Just imagine, you and your townsy people having a laugh in a well decorated lot, and all of a sudden a viking ship appears with 7 warriors from the Norse guild called Jägarna. And all you would have to pay is like 200 gold for the ransom, since the RP gear you use is of no value.

7. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I wouldn't find being held hostage for ransom to be fun. I'm sure you would find your chosen role in this little passion play fun. Again, your fun at the expense of others.
    I would be being forced to play your game at the time and place of your choosing without my consent and willing participation.

8. Repsej Sonnils

Repsej Sonnils Avatar

So you really care about 1 k gold in-game? Just go play minecraft instead, there you got all your mining and crafting and you can even host your own server!

Korim Rackham likes this.
  9. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

No, I don't care about 1K gold. I care about being forced to play someone else's game that I didn't consent to at the time and place of their choosing. It's a social game... I enjoy the social aspects... I don't enjoy anti-social play which is what much of the PvP I've encountered in my long game playing history has revolved around. Please feel free to do whatever you wish with and to others who've consented to that playstyle. I wish to not be involved.

In Shroud of the Avatar I've built a town that is unique, and can potentially support hundreds of Avatars providing them with a place to live, create, play, and even PvP should they so desire.

What have you done to contribute to the game and the community that resides there?

10. Nasir

Nasir Avatar

PvE will not sustain this game in the long run. Players will get bored, PvP brings consequence, exciting fights, and strife towards being the best. If Port would just be so kind an add some sort of meaningful PVP zone that didn't inhibit the PVE players like top tier resources to fight over, what would be the fuss? PVE players shouldn't care about top tier resources for PVE, min/max is mainly PVP players.

Abydos and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  11. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

Ummm sign me up for s Viking war pvp guild. I'll go uhtred of bebbenburg on some peeps. Well I guess that's more Dane but you get the point

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  12. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Matter of opinion... I disagree with it believing that the Social and Community investment in the game is what will keep the largest number of people in the game. Not everyone enjoys competitive play, preferring cooperative play instead. I do however support those that prefer competitive play and their desire to have their playstyle be fulfilling so long as it's not at the expense of others that do not share their passion.
    Having more abundant top-tier resources available in Sharfalls is one of the things I believe is still on the table. That would seem to fulfill your wish. I'd suggest asking the dev team if that is still their intention.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  13. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

The problem is even pvpers dont go there. Because its a waste of time. The abundance of resources and xp gain should be buffed and made mp only. The game lacks players all around. Pvers dont have to there. Risk vs reward fixed. We will get more players. Its consentual.

on the side... pvpers also cooperate. The game has 0 reason for people to cooperate right now. I think the devs need to commit what world they want to build. A larp simulator or a sandbox world as uo was with a decent story woven into it like u7.

Tell us @Berek what your plans are with this game. If you dont want us competitive mmo players here, tell us and stop keeping up the illusion.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
    Nasir likes this.
  14. Nasir

Nasir Avatar

Your post contradicts itself? No one is asking to force pvp on anyone. I am simply stating that a large majority of players would like meaningful pvp and balance for pvp to be looked at to sustain and enlarge the population. I know if PVP is done proper that a large crowd would come begging to play. PvE will not bring this. Not in the current status.

15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I see that as reasonable, though I would prefer it if the extra resources were simply removed in the single player mode(s) rather than removed completely. What would be the advantage to them being removed completely?

16. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

I didnt say remove them. I would like to see like both options viable for different playstyles. And a PvP zone that can be entered in spo just doesnt make sense. Singleplayer offline ofc doesnt matter in that case.

17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I would count myself among the number of those that would love for there to be meaningful PvP... I hesitate to make the "Large Majority" claim as I've no data supporting it. Do you? I'd love to see it.

I don't see how my post contradicts itself unless you're of the opinion that cooperative and competitive play styles cannot coexist. Is that the basis of your claim? If not, please let me know how my post contradicts itself. I endeavor to be consistent in my position and my arguments, and would appreciate having the flaws pointed out.

18. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Ah, forgive me. My mistake. I misread. If there is no additional advantage to entering a shardfall in single player mode, why would it matter if it could be entered?

19. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Its a balance issue. It could work if you make switching to mp more rewarding. Maybe guilds could fight over these zones. Guild war hasnt been explained either yet. All endgame features Port has been very vague about.

20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Please explain the balance issue? How does denying access to the game sponsored PvP zone (assuming the PvP advantages are removed in single player online) relate to game balance? There are some good arguments for denying single player access to PvP POTs which I understand, but I fail to see how this would apply to the Shardfalls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.