Where do I hunt?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mitara, Aug 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

I have been searching around inthe Soltown area down south, for at a place to hunt, but seem to only find very slow spawning camps, not enough to service a single fighter or mage.

Does anyone know if there is a place with higher spawn frequency?

Time Lord and tangar like this.
  2. tangar

tangar Avatar

Hey! I have the same issue, but for wolfs, not camps :) I'm looking for the place with good amount of grey wolfs (weakest onces) spawning for hides...

There is a guide for lvling: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...what-is-going-on-a-sota-leveling-guide.41503/ , but its outdated (all locations there from "old world", not Soltown)

So yeah, it would be great to have a guide for newbies about areas around Soltown. I found a location once with big statue in center, there were a lot of wolfes around.. But now I can't find it again. Anyone knows this place?

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Rebelweasel

Rebelweasel Avatar

West Perennial Trail has a nicely concentrated bandit camp and spider zone off to one side, but the entire rest of the zone is wolves and a few bears. It's the lowest-leveled zone, comparable to East Perennial Trail in difficulty. It's good for xp and saleable loot grinding on the bandits, with no archers either, and good for trees and cotton as well as the wolves around the wolf dens.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

The swamps near the Shuttered Eye, Travel to High Vale. Or just group with someone that can handle a 5 skull, and sit at the entrance =P

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Snowdog

Snowdog Avatar

4EverLost and Time Lord like this.
  6. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

Its a great map, but i dont see any levels?

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Katu

Katu Avatar

Its the little dark smiley faces, those are the levels. 1 face = easy, 5 faces is hard.

8. Fain

Fain Avatar

It's the number of smiley faces. The more smiley faces the harder the area is.

9. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

10. brentw

brentw Avatar

Well that certainly seems counter intuitive.

11. Sarg

Sarg Avatar

Hardly, those are the zones with the happiest mobs.

Kaisa, NRaas, Hawkshield and 2 others like this.
  12. Hawkshield

Hawkshield Avatar

2 things I really like about the Mobs
    1. They have actually keen agro sense (translate good eyesight in game reality) I can be pretty far away, they stop "see me" and come running, wonderful lead time to drop them with magic arrows. All the other MMOs have them grazing, at least some in this game groups see to wander the area, scouting and protecting. It s pleasant sort of immersion in game.
    2. They chase the hell out of me, I can run up hills, staircases, inside buildings and I'll be damned they still come after me, lol even after I close the door. I remember in Highvale, I ran upstairs of a building, cast vanish. I sat there healing for a bit, with vanish on, and I swear I heard the door open and close about 10 times, like they were looking for me, great immersion loved it!
    BUT, loot wise, I can't believe all crates I have ever smashed (like a warehouse worth in RL) have all been empty. I guess thats because there are no NPC wagons delivering anything anywhere.
    I dearly enjoy the random encounter scenarios, but they just don't happen often enough. I got an odd one once, that had a Vendor with a wagon, and a field of horses with a couple dogs and cows. Lots of trees in that one.

Acred and 4EverLost like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.