Quick Questions

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Original, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

When I'm melting quickly to weak mobs in heavy armor and a shield, then I don't think the shield is providing enough tanking benefit to offset the loss of DPS.

4EverLost likes this.
  2. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

I use a tank in my party, and the survivability of that particular character is certainly improved due to the shield.

If my mage gets the aggro, the battle tends to go sour *way* faster, as one would expect.

*However*, I have also tried to solo with that skill-set in the past, and I do agree, it is quite difficult.

The character makes use of heals and potions quite a bit, but even then the battles tend to last far too long, and the enemy may get the upper hand with a good crit.

I honestly don't know how viable a shield character is meant to be in solo circumstances... Perhaps another user can provide a key bit of skill information we are missing. :)

3. Mazirian

Mazirian Avatar

Indeed, but there are a lot of balance issues still pending. One of them seems the usability of sword and shield at lower level.

4. Original

Original Avatar

Folks, right now I am still having trouble with the Timber Wolf (in a 2 skull area).

I am training Dodge (28) and Evasion (42) from the Light Armour tree.
    My main damage abilities are Thrust (45) and Double Slash (40) from the Sword tree.
    For my gear, I have leather armour, a short sword and shield I bought from the vendor.

What do I do to progress? Increase health? Increase damage? Get better armour? Or just out-level the Timber Wolf?

I don't mind grinding to increase my level. I am just lost on what to do and could use guidance, to make sure I'm on the right path.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  5. Eeyore

Eeyore Avatar

@Original: Well if the previous posts are any clue, it would be that the Sword & Board are not working well at low levels. Take the advice of @Rofo and craft/obtain a good 2H Sword. I've been using a crafted Pine/Iron Halberd myself and think I'm going to dump it in favor of the 2H Sword and see how it goes. I do like a good Polearm, but maybe it'll be better later at a higher level.

6. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I think we need to fix the build and make it viable instead of telling all players to avoid it.

4EverLost likes this.
  7. Eeyore

Eeyore Avatar

@enderandrew - I couldn't agree more. Now if you'd like @Original to pull up a chair and wait in the mean time, that's entirely up to him. Me, I'm going to adapt until the Devs are finished with all the balance issues.

NRaas likes this.
  8. Original

Original Avatar

Thanks folks, I could kill one but barely.

I think the issue is that I am lower in level compared to the Timber Wolf, I am missing more often, and the wolf is critting me more than thugs.

9. Original

Original Avatar

Folks I have now played this game for 52 hours, and the Timber Wolf is still "yellow" to me. Does this mean I am not gaining much in level? Or is this normal?

10. Fizzlebang

Fizzlebang Avatar

Just got told I was mentioned here. Who needs help with a pure mage build? Add me in game (Fizzlebang) or message me on the forums here. Happy to help out my fellow spell-weavers. <3 :D

11. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Level and dex make a huge difference in mitigation and dps

2HS + parry and a stacked mitigation buff has helped me tank a lot. Parry scales off Str as a defensive stat. I use heavy chest + the rest cloth as hybrid. So many great talents in Hvy tree

Weaving a Death Touch between sword skills has saved my bacon more times than I can count.

Also, some temp mitigation buffs last for one hit (almost useless) and some last the full duration. So keep an eye on your buff icons while fighting to see what benefit you are getting from the tree/glyph

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.