Tower of the Shuttered Eye, Solo only?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charis, Aug 17, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charis

Charis Avatar

My husband and I both have a quest to go to the Tower of the Shuttered Eye and speak with someone there. We decided it would be fun to adventure there together. However once we arrived, no matter what we did, we seemed to be in separate instances of the Tower. Is this the way it is supposed to be? Or are we doing something wrong? We were grouped together, tried in both Friends Only and Multiplayer Mode.

Leelu likes this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

There are a number of scenes that force you into single player mode to complete them for balance reasons. I believe this may be one of them, but I can't remember.

If when you enter the scene it says single player online mode in the upper left hand corner, then yes.

Leelu likes this.
  3. Charis

Charis Avatar

I see, that's disappointing, being forced to solo quests when what I really want to do is play with my husband and kids is one of the reasons we all left ESO. Sigh..
    I do thank you for taking the time to answer my question and for telling me where to look for the mode information, you were very helpful :)

4. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

That either changed or it's buggy. We have taken many group runs through the Tower, but none this release. Let's see if we can get others to chime in here, who have been in there recently.

Leelu likes this.
  5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I thought when it was first added, it forced you into solo and then I heard of group clears. It may have gone back and forth.

I'd be interested in doing a group clear since I haven't leveled up much.

Leelu likes this.
  6. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Shouldn't be, I've run it solo and with friends, and we've had no issues running it in the same instance. Also, what/where is this quest for that place? I don't remember finding one for there.

Leelu likes this.
  7. enderandrew

You start and finish the quest in Ardoris.

@Charis Were you and your husband in a party when you entered the instance? And next time you guys want to try and run through, can I tag along?

Leelu and Net like this.
  8. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

@enderandrew Now I have to figure out who starts the quest >.<#
    @Charis Another thing to make sure of, besides that you are both in Friends Only, is to make sure you see each other in the Approach, then go in to the tower. I want to say the group I toured through there had this issue to start with, and the guy that didn't show up with us, just went back to world map, then came back in and we were able to see him.

Leelu likes this.
  9. enderandrew

To start the quest, talk to Min Liang Tan, the Minister of the Lotus. His office is next to the trainer in the center of town.

Leelu likes this.
  10. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Awesome, thank you! And now to wait......7 hours before I get off work to try it :(

Leelu likes this.
  11. enderandrew

I should toss out for anyone who doesn't know, Min Liang Tan is the name of the Razer CEO. He is a huge Ultima fan, was one of the first big backers of SotA. He then made Razer a sponsor of the game with a promotion. Portalarium gave him an interesting character in the game.

Leelu likes this.
  12. Charis

Charis Avatar

Wow, thanks for all the help everyone! Hopefully it is just a bug we ran into :) We were grouped before we went into the approach and could see each other and hunt together just fine, it was only when we entered the tower that we had the issues. We will definitely give it another try once our play time schedule matches back up in a week or so. Thanks again all!

Leelu likes this.
  13. Justyn

Justyn Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

So we ran it last night, and as long as you are partied BEFORE you go in, we didn't have any issues at all getting a 3 man party in the same instance. Just be sure you party up before you go in and you should be good to go!

Leelu and enderandrew like this.
  14. peetaur

peetaur Avatar

I have the same issue here.... first I went there alone, killed Min, failed to kill the elite mage and got some help... so the 3 of us enter, and I'm in my own instance, and they are together. I was the party leader. We were all in friends-only mode. Then they finished it, came out, and only one of them got the quest advanced... and now we can't party with the 3rd person, so she has to fight it alone. This seems totally bugged.

8/21/2016 6:09 PM
    Title: Min Liang Tan, Tower of the Shuttered Eye, party can't complete it together; those that complete cannot party with the rest
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8150 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16047
    GPU: Gallium 0.4 on AMD BONAIRE (DRM 2.43.0 / 4.6.4-1-grsec-kvm-host, LLVM 3.8.1) GPU RAM: 1024
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Linux.64.465.Date.08.17.16
    Area: ShutteredEyeInterior
    Loc: (-0.9, 0.0, 6.4)

Leelu likes this.
  15. enderandrew

I've been told if the party leader still has the quest to complete and goes in first, the others will be prompted to "follow" the leader into their instance. I haven't tested this.

I still need to find someone to complete this quest with as well. I'd be willing to group with your third person.

Leelu likes this.
  16. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Look me up and I'll go in with you. I've sort of just been using ToSE to get a feeling for how the game has developed over the past year or so and now I hear there's a quest with it?

EDIT: and now I can't figure out how to start the quest, this is going to be more difficult that I expected!

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    Leelu likes this.
  17. enderandrew

You start the quest in Ardoris by talking to both Shogun Siranto and Lady Khasi in Ardoris.

Leelu and Elwyn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.