Everyone gets a plot and room

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Raxhelm, Aug 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

I think someone did the math and it was 16,000+ lots in POTs.

2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I lived out of my bank R20-R22, so I know you can very well live out of the bank. It's just a lot more fiddly than having a chest right by your own (or a neighbor's) crafting tables.

You can also buy more bank slots on the online store. I don't know if there is a limit to those.

3. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

That's a lot of land for Ep1. It'd take me a minute to dig up the post where Darkstarr said there were tens of thousands of potential lots just from POTs. If the count right now is 16,000 Darkstarr might have been forecasting a number based on max lots (metropolis size).

Ninja Fact: 556 potential Row lots in a Metropolis size POT. It'd never add up this way, but with the number of POTs there are, if they all became Metro in size today and placed nothing but Rows we'd have more than 200,000 available lots for EP1 just in player owned towns.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  4. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I never had a problem with everyone getting a small piece of instanced housing. But it should sting, like living at "mom's house" and push people to better themselves.

Lord Baldrith and Raxhelm like this.
  5. enderandrew

Potential lots can be based on every Metropolis filling their entire town with nothing but row lots to maximize total housing. And if you got a lowly Holdfast into Episode 1 (like me) it in theory can be upgraded to a Metropolis in time.

Duke Avery likes this.
  6. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I can't remember the final count on POTs sold, but it was in the upper 300s I think. My POT probably won't have more than a few dozen Row lots, but just for the sake of conversation, the potential numbers for lots is literally in the hundreds of thousands right now.

7. enderandrew

I thought it was low 300s. Either way, it is an awful lot.

It is odd because POTs brought money in and Portalarium didn't turn down the money when they could have shut off POT sales sooner, but we also hear how it created a backlog and how much of a pain it is for them to work on static towns, or make changes. Is the funding worth the work involved?

I think if they make dynamic towns better, people will switch to those and take work off Port's plate.

Katrina Bekers and Duke Avery like this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

In many of the PRTs, the bank is right by the crafting pavilion.

4EverLost and Lazlo like this.
  9. Morbeous

Morbeous Avatar

I thought the $5 took your bank slots upto 100. What if you are already on that level?

10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

It adds cumulative +100 slots.

You start with 30, so one store bank package gives 130.

You can also buy +10 slots for 100g although it gets more and more expensive. But the first 300 slots were relatively easy to earn.

4EverLost and enderandrew like this.
  11. Fauxpas

Fauxpas Avatar

its not. whenever housing lots run out they can create a town/pot node with whatever number of lots on the overland map. there is only a theoretical possibility that lots could ever run out.

yet i dont get the bank issue. im royal artisan with 5$ for bankspace during the last theleton. i got 220 slots atm and am at 175 of them filled. yet i gathered mostly until now and got at least 1 item of every material i know of. i dont get the problem tbh.

Elwyn and Phiedrus like this.
  12. enderandrew

The overland map is relatively crowded. Don't expect anything else on Novia during the Episode 1 life-span. However, Episode 2 will add a new continent, as well 3, 4 and 5.

4EverLost likes this.
  13. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I have a house. It's on the other side of a passage I hear you need to be around 60 to get over to legitimately.:eek:

I'm an archer. My trainer is on the other side of the passage. So, I live on the other side of the passage of my house. :D

Haven't been home since I put down the lot. Can't really say I miss it much. Feel sorry for my neighbors always have an empty lot (on the other hand, given my deco style, I think they should be grateful I don't find my way home much:p). I live out of a bank in Soltown/Ardoris. Sometimes I move over to Owl's Head. Not having a home still doesn't and never has changed my way of playing much. It still lets me level, craft and earn more money than when I putter around the house. In fact, I actually go out and see more stuff when I don't get access to my house, so yeah, can't really say it affects game play much.

But then again, when I do settle home, I end up spending more money on it so it's probably a good thing not having one until you're firmly established one way or the other. It lets you save up your money. Because you never know when the opportunity will come when you need a pile of $$. Might be sooner than you think. So, I'd advise, save your money. A lot of it.:rolleyes:

Acred, Elwyn, Ice Queen and 3 others like this.
  14. enderandrew

The control points you can generally just run though without too much trouble, regardless of level. You may need to be a higher level to stay and fight. And there some paths on the map where you can bypass many of the control points.

For example:

[​IMG]

Acred, 4EverLost and Raxhelm like this.
  15. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Yea, it's the other one. The one you should go on the right hand path with the polar bears. Keeps trying the left one for some reason.:D

Acred and Ice Queen like this.
  16. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

What a daring example.

The basic equipment, skills, recipes, etc. you've given at the start of the game is the equivalent of your Sidewinder.

Housing is the same as owning an Anaconda.

Do you expect an Anaconda as starter ship?

With a straight face, I mean.
    (I think this path will be closed on R33. It was opened to let lot claimers reach their destinations relatively safely during Land Rush. But coming R33, I bet it'll be gone.)

4EverLost likes this.
  17. enderandrew

If I knew where your house was I might be able to help you find a path. Don't overlook boats!

For example, from Etceter you can take a boat to Elysium and then a boat to Aerie. You've now gone from Etceter to Aerie without control points. You can go north from Aerie all the way to Norgard. So you can go from the southeast corner of Novia to the far northwest corner of Novia with no control points.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    4EverLost likes this.
  18. Raxhelm

Raxhelm Avatar

I have never owned a house. Don't know what it's like. It would be cool if SOTA had a tutorial mode where you could try out things like houses and mage skills. I'm mostly leveling up things to 40 so that I can try the new skill. Back to the point about the house. I guess I'm annoyed that I paid 60 USD and go very little for it one of which is a map to put in a house. And now the bone thrones so I get the feeling that housing is a must have to enjoy component of the game. Mostly I'm wondering if I should upgrade from Explorer to Ancestor soon before it expires. About the only thing I would get is a rent free row deed for about 130 USD. It does not sound like it's worth it.

4EverLost likes this.
  19. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

Yea, it was one of the nice things during the earlier testing periods - you could buy the deed/house in game with gold to test. Still needed a lot of money though.

You still have that opportunity coming with the lottery. So, if you get lucky, who knows?;) Save, save, save!

Ice Queen likes this.
  20. Fauxpas

Fauxpas Avatar

uhm bone thrones are just loot and not worth anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.