Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Heavy Armor skill Body Slam still does not work

Discussion in 'Release 32 Bug Forum' started by 2112Starman, Aug 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Body slam seems to work right if I am standing in front of the target but one of the purposes I used it in R31 for was to charge a running mage and archer to stop them (hit them running from behind most the time). In R31 it worked perfectly. In R32 I have cast it a lot (I think I have near 60 skill and that being locked a long time) and it never stuns the target (ever). The damage it hit targets for is still much much lower then R31.

I confirmed this in PvP also during Virtue League.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

is it 100% nonstunning? The stun effect is a chance to stun, which does not always apply. Is it possible this is bad luck?

3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

100% absolute no stun at all when trying to hit a mob running from me. I have an 80% chance to stun and I have cast that spell at least 1000 times. (its been locked at 60 for a long time). so 80% chance and 0 times out of 1000 would be very very bad luck. It actually does not work.. truly. Im farming cultist right now... cant stop a single archer with it running away. I have to use my other blunt stuns that work fine.

Obviously in R31, this skill was my most valuable skill to PvP with to catch mages and archers. It does not work.

In virtue league I was chasing a guy around who interrupted our event. He ran in a big circle, I charged on him at least 7 times and couldn't stun him. He kept out of the loop of my normal blunt attacks. This was quite embarrassing.

4. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Is it exclusive to when enemies are running away?

5. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Here you go, this is body slam not working 4 times in one battle alone.

6. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

aye, it works fine if Im face to face with them, only when running.

7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Here is it not working 3 times in one fight but also show you working once when face to face (mob is not running)

8. Albus

Albus Avatar

Just an update on this, and a difference in observations on Body Slam. This entire release, for me, Body Slam does not stun, but also does not do anything but move the Avatar. Whether foes are stationary or moving, targeted or not, facing front or back, Body Slam does not hit, does not stun, does no damage, and further makes no reference to having been used at all in the combat text. When I use other glyphs, they say "Miss" or "Hit" but Body Slam does not appear in the combat log, at all. It does move me towards a foe, and shows the "stun" like effect over the point of "contact." Also, targeted foes that the Avatar "attacks" with Body Slam show no stun resistance buff, further evidence that the glyph is not doing anything other than move the Avatar.

Since my original posting of this bug on another thread, I've leveled up Charge (shield glyph) for comparison, with Charge hitting foes, showing in the combat log, doing damage and stunning upon occasion. Hope this helps :)

User specs in case they explain any differences here somehow:
    ASUS G-75v
    IntelCore i7-3610QM CPU@2.30GHz
    RAM 16.0 GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
    Windows 7 64-bit OS

Warin and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  9. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Widsith [MGT] likes this.
  10. Warin

Warin Avatar

Same here, but the damage is gone from the tooltip so it might be intentional?

11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

My body slam when it hits (only when the mob is stationary and we are face to face) for damage. In R32 I could smack mobs for 100 hp, now Im lucky to break 30 hp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.