Can't decide on row house location: Nesoskia or Brittany Fields!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oyjord Hansen, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Hi all,

I currently have a row house in Brittany Fields, and it's a great, central location. But man, the little island maps like Nesoskia are just so pretty, and I like that you zone in right close to the village center. I'm not running a vendor, so foot traffic is irrelevant.

Someone convince me: Brittany Fields or Nesoskia! ;)

TIA!

Oy.

2. Fain

Fain Avatar

Well, Nesoskia is a PRT. Those seem to be the least desirable places to live. I'd go with Brit Fields ujless you care more about the layout of the town than having neighbors.

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  3. Camouflage

Camouflage Avatar

For me I choose not to live in a big city as I wanted a view and be close to water. I am right in front the river and go fishing every day.

4EverLost and Oyjord Hansen like this.
  4. Camouflage

Camouflage Avatar

The major difference between PRT's and NPC's is that PRT's don't have quest. Now, this can change at anytime. as we are still in early stages.

Oyjord Hansen likes this.
  5. Oyjord Hansen

Oyjord Hansen Avatar

Thanks for the replies, all. I'm still quite torn. I find myself running quite a bit from the zone in of Brittany Fields to my house, and that run is starting to wear on me. This is why a small island is quite appealing. Hmm....

Also, anyone know if PRTs will get public gardens when they're implemented? I'd hate to move to Nesoskia just to find that I couldn't farm there, and Brittany Fields ended up having a huge garden!

Stahlknecht likes this.
  6. Saosis

Saosis Avatar

Did you consider Celestis? It still had row lots free last time I checked not very far from the entrance. And it's a NPC city.

7. Hawkshield

Hawkshield Avatar

I was just in Celestis, and I don't know if its because its an Island, but the lag there is serious. Even on Simple setting, it paused every virtual 10 feet for about 11 seconds, running through town was frustrating

Stahlknecht likes this.
  8. 7homas

7homas Avatar

Take a look at Storm's Reach as an Island NPC City. It's pretty close to a couple of mines and a few other more populated towns.

9. Camouflage

Camouflage Avatar

I also agree Storm's Reach wasn't a bad place. It had some nice row houses in front of the docks. Not sure if they are taken yet, but you should check it out.

10. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Celestis has a lag optimization problem but it has already been raised and noted by the devs in bug forum.

My guild (BLoB) has set up home and shop in this fair town, so hope to cya there!

11. Tiki Pirate

Tiki Pirate Avatar

I checked both areas. I liked the ambiance of Brittany Fields; but, it was a ghost town IMO. Nesoskia was high on my list; but, skipped because it was a PRT.

Ultimately, i went with Ardoris. Lots of people, good markets/NPC, and ferrymen make the exits close - I can run 1/2 way across the world map than you can run from exit to the center of many zones.

If I didn't get a house on a tree lined plaza I would have gone to Elads Lighthouse. Pericaliya looked nice too!

Stahlknecht likes this.
  12. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Ardoris is never a wrong choice. Teleporters galore and loads of npc support. Grats on the placement.

Stahlknecht likes this.
  13. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

I've said this possibly too many times now, but you should really check out the Coastal Forest towns: Aldwater, Brekken Bay, Endurance, Forewind, Port Titan, and Taenby Landing

Tiki Pirate and Stahlknecht like this.
  14. Stahlknecht

Stahlknecht Avatar

I had a central position in Britanny Fields too and i left it . Too much lag, too much to walk and a scene/template that doesnt really convinced me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.