Storm's Reach

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bubonic, Aug 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kerowynn MacAoidh

Kerowynn MacAoidh Avatar

I think it's getting an overhaul since it's a clone of Elad's Lighthouse. At least, that's what my Storms Reach neighbor, Connor Marlow, said.

2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Welcome, @Kenryuu ! (also, is that a Street Fighter 2 reference? ;) )

Everyone is welcome to use them, feel free to take a break inside, I have a piano and tables set up upstairs for refreshments and merry making. Soon I will craft more "places to be" outside as well, with some cover from the rain. Also feel free to make use of the stove and butchery station in the kitchen. I plan to have my community crafting and congregating center open always save for any invasion of monsters and/or bandits (at which point I may have to temporarily raise the walls and gates).

Please let me know if I have the settings wrong on any of my crafting tables or chairs/benches, I intend them all for public use, but might have been sloppy with settings at 4am ;).

Once I have most of the knicknacks crafted, and can finish my personal quest to outfit my basement with wall torches, I will begin working on the cooking skill. Then my NPC will be vending food and drink for breaking fasts between crafting!

Aye, its a clone of one of the very first POT forest templates. Im hoping for a warm tropical island.

Kerowynn MacAoidh likes this.
  3. Kerowynn MacAoidh

Kerowynn MacAoidh Avatar

Woohoo! Butcher table! No more running to the mainland to slice and dice dinner :))

4. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

At the moment, 52 outlanders reside in Storm's Reach! We currently have the 12th most populated town (not including POTs, which I didn't look at). Rock on!

5. 7homas

7homas Avatar

I believe we were up to 64 when I checked after the final wave this morning. I haven't been able to update the online land rush worksheet but will try to this evening.

Bubonic likes this.
  6. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

cant wait to see the final post-rush tally!

7. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

@Avoss just took a tally and looks like we are at 74 residents! That's about 50%.

Awesome.

8. Kenryuu

Kenryuu Avatar

Thanks for the welcome! My username is a actually a play on my real name, not the shoryuken :)
    I hope port works out a way for us to move large quantities of goods between banks or between owned properties.
    My lot is a LONG way from the scene entrance, even by coconut, and most of my wares are down in Owl's Head.

Gonna be a hard slog if over encumbered.

Bubonic likes this.
  9. Kerowynn MacAoidh

Kerowynn MacAoidh Avatar

Gosh, tell me about it @Kenryuu I had to lug stuff from Soltown and Ardoris (where the bank would constantly make me crash). I accidentally (read "noobishly") took my piano out of global. Yeah, walking, because of weight, is no fun lol.

I'm adding everyone from the thread to my friends list requests. If you're in Storms Reach or plan to move there, feel free to add me (but even if you aren't you can add me, it's cool lol)! BTW @Kenryuu what is your in game name?

10. 7homas

7homas Avatar

I agree, that first haul was a bit much... but once everything was moved over, it's not so bad to get around.

My in game name is Mr Tom.

11. Kenryuu

Kenryuu Avatar

Kenryuu Takamachi in game.

12. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Anyone happen to know of a well in the town? Havent seen one yet.

13. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

No but for all the times I use your stations... I'll put one in my yard

Edit: And done... just head W from your place... you'll run right into it

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    Numa likes this.
  14. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Well, thanks! Unfortunately I diddnt come across any useable wells. There were two "wishing wells" in the houses W of mine, but I couldnt use them. Are they useable for drawing water? If they are, then I think the permissions need made unprivate. Otherwise, I diddnt find your house :(. It seems no houses to the W of me are owned by a Solazur, bit either way, I couldnt find any wells I could use W of my tavern with the crafting stations.

Ill craft my own, I probably have enough stone. Just dont know where to put it :-/. Was just hoping the town center. If I simply missed your place somehow and you live next to my little farm (closer to entrance) then Id gladly use your well :).

edit: nevermind I found your well :). cant use it though, so permissions maybe?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    Solazur likes this.
  15. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

Hey @Black Tortoise and @Solazur ! I have a wishing well on my lot, but I'm not sure how to grant you guys permission to use it? It's the lot with that Hot Air Balloon floating over it . . . Do I have to add you guys manually to the lot access and upgrade you to kindred?

Solazur likes this.
  16. Solazur

Solazur Avatar

Ya.. I forgot to mention It was Dakota Solazur who owns that house.

Aye I think it's a permissions thing...it'd be nice if we could allow guests to draw. I can set Kindred permissions for anybody who needs the water.I doubt I'll need water at that location as my little aggie place is on the other side of the world but I"ll leave that one for whoever may need and not have space. Let's hope we can get water from something that doesn't have such a large footprint soon.

17. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Ok thats an interesting observation. You can use people's crafting tables, but not other interactable objects, even if set to un-private. I made sure my jukebox isnt private so anyone could choose to use it, hope they dont have to be "Kindred" or above to interact with that. Wells should be like crafting tables - with a seperate permission set from "can pick up object" and "can make use of object". Id like to set a well or similar interactable to be able to be used by anyone, but not able to be picked up or moved by anyone.

Solazur likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.