Which online mode have you been using primarily in PVP zones before R33?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roycestein Kaelstrom, Aug 24, 2016.

?

Which online mode used for accessing pvp zones

Poll closed Sep 21, 2016.
  1. Multiplayer

24 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Friend only

24 vote(s)
    40.0%
  3. Single player

12 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. I don't go to any PVP zones at all.

16 vote(s)
    26.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Again, this is just mainly for curiosity. You can interpret the result however you like. The poll is anonymous, so no one knows who choose which options by the way.

The poll result may or may not have any effect on further changes.

2. Camouflage

Camouflage Avatar

So there is nothing more for me to say, as the quote above points out the reason why they did what they did.

3. Gadfrey Zukes

Gadfrey Zukes Avatar

you forgot the poll option "I don't enter pvp zones at all" so I can't respond.

after r33 I will just treat the pvp zones as if they are a pvp server and I will just choose to never enter them. It bothers me a little that I miss some story and scene. I'd rather have a non-pvp instance spawn with perhaps less reward or with high risk high reward for non-pvp group vs bosses in those levels.

I guess the price I will pay is that if those zones have unique items or resources I need, I will have to pay the big in-game gold $ for them from players willing to go there.

Ice Queen likes this.
  4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

There you go.

Again, this is just a survey to find out which online mode people had been accessed to the PVP zones in the part, not how they think it should be.

5. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Incorrect. If 20% want PvP then 20% of the time the world should be FFA PvP using your logic , or 20% of the zones PvP, Id quit while your ahead :)

Actually thats a good idea , can we have a ServerWars time of day like we used to hehe

danjacobsmith likes this.
  6. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

I didn't realize you could go into PvP zones in a different mode other than multi until hearing about it during the telethon, so I've been staying far away from such zones except for popping in occasionally to Blood Omen to visit Amber Raine. So nothing will change for me.

I did kinda like how ArcheAge handled some of their PvP areas. Certain areas were not always PvP, but had a countdown to when it would switch. There would be a continental announcement when a switch was eminent in an area and if you didn't watch the countdown it was your own fault if you got hunted. Made it interesting to try to beat the clock out of the area, especially if you were overloaded or didn't know the area well enough.

7. Zero Neutral

Zero Neutral Avatar

Now groups of players can farm other players for gold and still get a ton of obsidian chips... I guess you had better go in with some strong friends.

8. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I have always just gone to them in multi to farm mats because its easier than logging out and back in and there wasn't ever a reason not to go in multi, there aren't ever any pvper' s there. #irony

On the other hand, I do all my PvE grinds in sanctus etc in friends only so we aren't competing for the control points and we aren't interrupted by lone rangers.

9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

There's really not any reason to go into a PvP area unless you want to PvP
    There are better gathering spots for just about anything, and the only unique loot table in there is flesh flayers. Obsidian golems can be fought elsewhere. While the shardfalls were a decent place to farm obsidian chips that was really the only reason to venture there, other than to PvP, or to just explore and see what was there.

For me personally, if I want to PvP, I'd obviously go on multiplayer so there were actually people to PvP.
    If I wanted something else, I'd go elsewhere...

10. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

I don't agree, while there is wood other places, verdantis shardfall is hands down the best zone for bulk wood collection.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Sentinel2 likes this.
  11. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

In early Roman Colosseum days, the gladiators (slaves) would just go into the arena and not fight eachother. Pee would roll down their legs and Ceasar got bored. It was far less like the movies and more like the toddler fights day care workers were hosting that you saw in the news recently.

So, the Romans did what Portalarium is doing with shardfalls in a far less violent way, which is remove their options.

Once you start feeding people to lions, they're far more willing to kill another person to avoid becoming lion fertilizer.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's glorious that PvP zones are multiplayer only now, It was totally necessary but what are we still lacking?

Right... Lions. Motivation. Incentive. Reward.

Don't worry, it's coming, Ceasar wants blood and he shall have it.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  12. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

And that's why I've gone to a couple Shardfalls. There IS Incentive. Resources. It's what drives me. There has been increased risk as well. Players and creatures who want to slay you. The more rewards offered in the PVP areas, the more tempted people will be to visit them.

After all, it's possible you could run through and come out safely. Or you could run into a grinning player staring at your Inventory :)

13. Grave Dragon

Grave Dragon Avatar

Some PvP zones have ample rewards for the risk, but not all of them are worth the effort.

Sentinel2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.