Onyx locations

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Epiphany, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epiphany

Epiphany Avatar

Hi guys,

I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to disclose where I could find some Onyx. I know that some can be found in Elysium mines; however, I am too low to be able to survive there. It seems a lot of crystals can be found in lower skull areas, but I can't find any information on Onyx. I have tried various searches online and on the forums but have had no luck :(

I would appreciate any help!

Thanks,
    ~Piffy

2. Acinonyx

Acinonyx Avatar

I have found a little bit Onyx Shards in Serpent's Spine Mine in the first big cave with the crystals.
    It seems as if they have changed the ores/crystals in a few mines in the last patches.

Epiphany likes this.
  3. Epiphany

Epiphany Avatar

I guess I will have to wait a while since I can only handle 3 skull areas right now :( It's a shame that it's only found in harder areas; whereas others aren't.
    Thank you for the replies!

4. Duke Death-Knell

Duke Death-Knell Avatar

Yes, it seems not well thought out to me. They don't seem to care about the crafters just the adventurers. I want to be a crafter, but first I have to be an adventurer to get into the area's and survive. You can't buy resources because they are way overpriced and you have a hard time mining them cause they're way over-deathed. Not too mention the gathering rate is pitiful. Welcome to the No Fun League *G*

Epiphany likes this.
  5. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

You can sprint to the end of Elysium and try and take on Earth Elementals 1 on 1

Likely will require a specific deck depending on your skill trees. Possibly some consumables. If you don't loot them, the respawn times should be longer

Early on, I used an unlocked deck with lots of death touch, parry stacking and using the corpses to blow up the next ones. Too bad the last part there is bugged... But leeching and magic work much better with their physical resistance

Epiphany likes this.
  6. Epiphany

Epiphany Avatar

I will try my luck and give that a try :) Hopefully they will fix Corpse Explosion soon.

Rilman likes this.
  7. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Me too! It's actually my highest glyph :/

Epiphany likes this.
  8. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

There are a few onyx crystals in Equitas Passage. You have to kill a mini boss on the top level of Serpents Spine mines to get the keys, but you only need to do that once. There are high level mobs in Equitas also, but if you are careful you can get to a few crystals without fighting anything. There's a break out wall just to the left when you enter with a couple onyx nodes in it and one outside.

Epiphany likes this.
  9. Epiphany

Epiphany Avatar

@Lazlo I'll also give that a try and see how it goes. Thanks!

Lazlo likes this.
  10. Ordovicia

Ordovicia Avatar

I get a small amount of Onyx from Elysium mines on level 2 but mostly level 3. Gonna be rough though before Alvl 45ish and depending on your adventure deck build. Crap ton of Diamonds in there though and a very small number of Sapphire spots.

Epiphany likes this.
  11. Epiphany

Epiphany Avatar

I'll have to tackle both suggestions tomorrow since I have insomnia and haven't slept in over 24 hours. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.