Replies to posts

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by FireFly63, Aug 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FireFly63

FireFly63 Avatar

Ok so someone explain to me... if I am reading a thread of posts and reply to posts as I read them... how can I "consolidate" my posts? Am I allowed only 1 post per thread? Should I wait and read ALL the posts in a thread and then respond at the end of it? Really?

2. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

You can consolidate your OP? Or update it anyway.

3. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

People tend to

Quote a bunch of people

And answer many things at once. Is that what you mean?

Net likes this.
  4. Selene

Selene Avatar

It gets confusing though.. when people update their original post and quote a post that is on later page. I understand the desire to prevent a lot of rapid fire responses. But it breaks up the natural dialogue to go back and edit too much.

Net likes this.
  5. FireFly63

FireFly63 Avatar

How do I quote a bunch of people?

I read a post, I quote and reply to it. So if I start reading a post and reply to it, then read a couple more and reply to one or two, and then read a couple pages more and reply to one... I just don't get it. Do I have to save them all up and reply? It makes no sense.

Editing my post... I understand this. But how do I reply to a post further down and post/quote back in this one? Does this one get moved down in the thread? If it doesn't, it won't make sense in the thread would it?

6. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

You could just compose a post that generally encompasses your thoughts on the previous posts instead of individually replying to each and every post, maybe?

Unless you feel it is absolutely necessary to reply to every post individually so you can flag the poster:)

Ice Queen likes this.
  7. Lained

Lained Avatar

Use the quote button below a post or highlight a portion of its text and click the quote link then enter your response. Do not hit reply. Scroll to the next post and repeat. When you're happy with all your responses post the reply. Every so often the content of your yet to be posted response is saved as a draft (you can do it manually too using the disk icon button) so you can move between the pages of a thread without losing what you've written so far.

FireFly63, Acred, Mata and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.