Where is my Physical Copy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quindorrian, Sep 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quindorrian

Quindorrian Avatar

So, it has been a long while since I've checked out the state of this game, but it seems it is "released"? Can someone clarify this, as the information on "release" seems sketchy and difficult to come by... Also, if it is "released", when will I get my physical copy of the game? Why is it so hard to find this information? Thanks for any help.

Sir_Hemlock likes this.
  2. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

They might be selling it, but... it is not officially released... well other than on Steam and such... :)

Actually the real reason they wont announce it as released, is because it isnt done yet...

3. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

All physical rewards will be shipped closer to release, either later this year or early next. I'm currently unclear on when the game is slated to move out of early-access and into release.

No one's gotten their physical rewards yet. The best thing you can do is make sure your Shipping Address is correct on your Accounts page.

Koldar, NRaas and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  4. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

I assume these items will all be shipped when episode 1 officially gets released. I think that's suppose to be around the end of the year but not 100% sure about that. Can't wait to get my signed poster from first summer telethon!

5. Quindorrian

Quindorrian Avatar

Thanks for the helpful replies! I've stayed away from the game for a while now, only because I do not have the time or the patience to be involved in a perpetual beta test. I know that they talk of community and such, but I want a relatively done, released game before I even bother getting involved. Any advice for someone like me?

docdoom77 likes this.
  6. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Is that when those posters are shipping? I wonder how many of those were sold?

Cordelayne likes this.
  7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Try log in the game and spend 1-2 hours to play the game one week after each monthly release to see if it suits you yet. I backed the game early 2014. The game become playable for me toward the end of 2015.

pikegirl likes this.
  8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Come back around December and ask the same question again.

Fister Magee likes this.
  9. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

I'm not sure but I'm assuming they will ship with the physical game along with the pledge level extras.

10. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I'm looking forward to a physical copy too. Of course my computer doesn't actually have any media drive, so I've not sure what format it would be. Perhaps I'd settle for an actual crossbow.

Ironically, I never played Ultima VII, because the copy I had was some bizarre format, like 5.25 HD.

11. Cordelayne

Cordelayne Bug Hunter

Had the same question myself Koldar. Figured it would ship with everything else, at least that is my hope. :)

12. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

While the idea of playing in a beta may not appeal for a variety of reasons (bugs, balance issues), there is one typical drawback to playing that no longer applies as the game servers have reached permanence. There are no future wipes, so if your primary issue with beta testing is the potential for future wipes that shouldn't be an issue.

Bugs/incomplete content/balance issues of course still exist and if you avoid betas because of those things, you should continue to wait for release.

13. RedEyeZz

RedEyeZz Avatar

Well of you don't have the patience then I would recommend selling your account now. We are past the beta testing phases.... everything you do now is for keeps. It's still developing but keep waiting till release and it takes away the fact that you bought into the game for the early access, you should be developing your character! Don't wait too long or you'll be so far behind lol, there's already lv 100's ... come on man! Start playing already! Haha

14. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I don't know what you think Beta is, but we're still in the thick of something equivalent. A lot of balance, content and systems need to be completed. Or maybe you're being sarcastic?

Rufus D`Asperdi likes this.
  15. Headquake

Headquake Avatar

The game ain't release but their is no more wipe , so it could still be worth it to start grinding your skill etc...

16. Bayard

Bayard Avatar

Yes, don't wait any longer! There is more than enough to fight, learn and explore and you'll be a part of the world as it grows and develops.

SotA may never be 'relatively done' even when 'released'. That's a big part of the attraction for me. Join us!

pikegirl likes this.
  17. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

This game got more content and is more stable than many games that were fully and officially released I have played... Now is really an exciting time to join and play. It's like exploring a whole new world and still having some influence on it's development. And watching the world and it's comunity grow and develop is really fascinating, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.