Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Need more then 6 decks.

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Mac2, Sep 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I find myself editing decks to often, if we could get at least ten decks, I think I would be fine. I need aoe undead, aoe non undead, single target undead, single target non undead, pvp vs mage, pvp vs melee, pvp vs archer, healer, trainer and one for specific situations like a dragon, or the room of liches in chillbanes.

2. Tarra Incognita

Tarra Incognita Avatar

3. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I tend to pick my character's strengths and weaknesses (i.e., skills), then living with them regardless of the situation. I find it adds to the game challenge a bit.

I appreciate that the deck system makes it possible to highly customize for every situation though.

But is it a game design issue if the game provides too many decks essentially relieving the player from making those meaningful choices, and lets us access every skill for every situation?

4. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Its not a challenge to edit the decks, it just takes time, and is kind of annoying. There is no one deck will do it all, if you want to have the most efficiency. I don't know for sure, but I think it would be pretty easy to give us 4 more deck slots.

Fister Magee, Acred, narcosis and 2 others like this.
  5. narcosis

narcosis Avatar

It is VERY annoying. By having the deck limit so low provides no meaningful game play. Just annoyance.

Josh Randall and Ackinma Zatochi like this.
  6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Could always replace quick swap with a skill that lets you unlock up to 4 additional combat decks.

Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  7. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I don't mind only have one equipped and one alternate, I just find it a waste of time to have edit my decks before pvp tourneys, and before I do dragon, or before I do into a undead area or living area, or before I need to play the role of healer.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
  8. studybreak2

studybreak2 Avatar

+1 more decks absolutely needed.

Ackinma Zatochi likes this.
  9. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

I've changed my main one so many times that I never had the time to make more than 2 much less notice there was a limit :p

Some reasoning behind why we can only create 6 decks would be cool tho :d

10. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

I am now using my third deck. Maybe will use a fourth in future.
    However, I think there is no reason to limit the deck number. Having the option for 10 decks is just a small change for Portalarium as soon as they have the minute to do so.

11. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Yes, we definitely need the ability to save more decks. I've already got all of my deck slots used and would like to make others, but can't.

DPS w/ Fire (Chain Lightning, Lightning, Ring of Fire or Fireball)
    DPS No Fire (Chain Lightning, Lightning, Obsidian Arrow or Earthquake)
    DPS and Fire Resist (built for when I eventually start fighting dragons, Douse, Shield of Crystal, No fire skills)
    Healer (Straight up heals plus a little bit of damage through Chain Lightning and Searing Ray)
    Undead (Searing Ray, Banish Undead, Fire skills)
    No Reagents (Deck with skills that do not require reagents for if I ever I run out of reagents in the field)

I'd like to be able to add a couple for other "classes" since I'm at the point where I'd like to start leveling some martial skills rather than all magic like I've been doing so far. Or maybe put together an Earth focused deck since all of my main damage decks focus on Air. Unfortunately, there are not enough deck slots for this.

I'd say it's not Necessary to have more than 6 decks, but it would certainly be nice and convenient for those of us who like to build specific setups for specific encounters. They could even sell deck slots similar to how they sell bank slots. A certain amount of gold or RL money per slot.

Lord Baldrith and Mac2 like this.
  12. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

+1

13. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

I agree. Since I got greedy and leveled up blades and bludgeon, as well as all magic except chaos, taming and the rest.....I have a few choices to select from. Right now I have 3 main classes (spellsword, pure mage, healer). Now, spellsword and mage are easy to work with, until you start fighting things that are resistant (elementals). That is where I need different decks. Earth/Obsidian elementals = deck with no earth. Fire elementals (xavara grinding) = no fire. Reagent-free deck = Deck with no reagents :p So, with 2 dps styles that I play, I have to have a deck for each of those, which is 6 already. This means, I actually have to have one of my dps decks play for 2 (which means constantly editing it when need be) so that I can have a dedicated healer deck.

14. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

So, would ten decks to choose from be about right for everyone here?

Fister Magee and EtherBunny like this.
  15. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

I'm thinking that is a doable number :D

16. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Yeah, 10 decks would certainly do it imo. I only really need a maybe 3 more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.