Bears and Wolves

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Loaffer, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loaffer

Loaffer Avatar

Really why do Bears and Wolves run away..... there are aggressive animals that should aggro on sight@! #AGGRESSIVE

2. rhysling

rhysling Avatar

Maybe they like you. The ones I come across attack me on site. I actually think there should be a Ranger like path where you can generate less aggression from animals - I try to avoid killing them when I first see them in a new scene, but they usually end up attacking. I did find one scene where they didn't attack at first, and I was able to wander around their forest a bit and right up to them. Then I got wounded by an elf and they all pounced.

LoneStranger likes this.
  3. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

I'm not sure that a single wolf would attack an armored human on sight, but maybe it would run away and come back with the rest of its pack.

4. Vidgrip

Vidgrip Avatar

Wolves are not generally aggressive to humans. Neither are most bears. You are probably used to playing mmorpgs which ignore actual animal behavior. I like SotA's approach much better. It's more realistic and more unpredictable. The unpredictability increases the challenge, which is very welcome.

5. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

I wouldn't say it's unpredictable. They follow a pretty basic pattern.

Just shoot them with something. I lock Obsidian arrow on my hotbar just for getting them to charge me.

Or you could just start chopping down a tree. They don't like that...no not one little bit.;)

6. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Well stated, Vidgrip , well stated...

And there will be times when you will welcome the fact that they are not attacking you....

So, it's all good ! ;)

7. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

And yea, like LiquidSky said, just hit em and they'll change their mind.

Got no ranged agro ?

Get some. :cool:

8. Hansey

Hansey Avatar

The bears and wolves of SotA are apparently sworn protectors of the forest. Because they'll run away from me when I approach, stay far away if I just stand around for a bit, but then the second I start chopping down a pine tree, they come racing back, managing to interrupt me just as I'm at about 96% completion. >:|

monkeysmack and 4EverLost like this.
  9. mass

mass Avatar

Ah bears and wolves, nature's griefers.

Epiphany and Hansey like this.
  10. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

I like how they have them currently. I've seen it's random for me. Sometimes wolves run away...actually most of the time (unless you hit a tree), and these are yellow ones. But then, I get the green timber wolves, and they attack me on sight. I think these must be the young, punk-ish wolves, that think they're untouchable.... :p Bears on the other hand....will have no part of my existence :D

11. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I like the way it is and it is somewhat realistic. Wolves and Bears will generally avoid humans in real life unless they're starving or provoked.

Also, I really enjoy not having to fight every single one of them. I'd honestly rather fight none of them to be honest. They're just not worth my time stopping the grind for a creature that gives minuscule XP and does't drop loot worth enough to replace the reagents used while fighting them.

I've never encountered a bear that ran from me though. Although the only bears I ever really run into are Bear Patriarchs. Wolves of all types run all the time though, and I'm glad for that.

12. Epiphany

Epiphany Avatar

They always choose to attack when I'm less than a second from finishing. It's a conspiracy! LOL

Acred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.