Welcome! (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FireLotus, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siwar

Siwar Avatar

My first time ever backing something on Kickstarter, and rightly so! Having first starting playing the Ultima series at the age of 6 with Ultima III, I couldn't be more excited to delve back into a game with the same type of experience.

Welcome back Lord British!

2. Siwar

Siwar Avatar

YESSSSSSSS!!!!

3. Owsley

Owsley Bug Hunter

First computer game I ever played was Ultima II on an Apple ][

Played UO for years. Really looking forward to the latest incarnation.

Am I right to say it's an RPG-MMO hybrid that is instanced according to your social networking friends/contacts?

BTW First time kickstarter supporter.

4. stoobs_gmail.com

stoobs_gmail.com Avatar

My frist time backing something on Kickstarter as well. I look forward to helping this community thrive like the good ole' days!

5. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

Welcome to all the new members who I may have missed. :) I look forward to getting to know you all and am super excited about how enthusiastic and passionate you all are about Shroud of the Avatar! I have a feeling this community is gonna rock!

6. Baer

Baer Avatar

U-6 was my favorite game. I have realized that as the years went on and as I tried various other RPG's, many others, that I was always looking for that Ultima Feeling" that no other game provided.
    Today I just read about Shroud of the Avatar for the first time and the first thing I did was go to Kickstarter and make a pledge.
    This is exciting and long overdue.

7. Ch0plol

Ch0plol Avatar

Hey, saw an article about this and went and pledged to the Kickstarter this morning. Ultima Online was the best MMORPG ever made, and its features haven't been matched by any other game.

I just hope free for all PvP and full loot are in the game.

8. Francis_Marsten

Francis_Marsten Avatar

Hello everyone,

Like many here I am a long time fan of the Ultima series. I played UO starting from the official release back in 1997 till about 2001. If there are any players from Paxlair on Chesapeake from that time I'd love to chat about the old days.

Over the years I that followed I continue to play UO on private shards that were Roleplay Focused. I eventually participated custom mod development of privates shards.

I am really excited by this game as there was nothing like UO since UO. SOTA looks like it has a lot of potential and as well as an interesting experiment on crossing single player & multi player adventure. I am very excited to see this world come to life.

9. Lothar

Lothar Avatar

I am so STOKED! I can't wait for this to get released. There is no better line of games than the ULTIMA series =)

10. aaliyah

aaliyah Avatar

Hello! I am nOgAnOo from Lake Superior '98. I was a merchant back in the day acquiring rares however possible. I've played on Obsidion, UO Secondage since 2009, banned about 20 times. Revelation, IPY2, UOF, UOP, and Immortalis. I've been waiting for "UO2" since I got banned from OSI in '99.. I have since started designing my own MMORPG FPS based on the idea of Ultima Online 2 which will replace private UO shards and Second Life someday. Crop Commander - High Life.. Which I will release in about a decade. I can't wait to start grinding houses here and selling them on ebay for a profit! Hopefully the Portalarium crew will design a system to keep Asian gold farmers away. Or that is our job as a community who cares about this game. God bless you all, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

11. Liora

Liora Avatar

Woohoo! Very excited to hear the news today!

12. markind

markind Avatar

I've been a fan since U3, still have all those cloth maps. I had some bad experiences in UO and I am hopeful for a grand time in SotA.

PvP is great but if I just want to grind skills / resources / levels I should be left alone.

I don't mind taking risks from time to time but that should not mean a guarantee of getting PK'd and stripped.

13. Haddy G

Haddy G Avatar

I'm looking forward to this game. Of all the rpg I have played nothing comes close to the experience of playing Ultima 4 and UO for the first time. Shroud of the Avatar sounds like it will be a mix of both. :)

14. amagicfro

amagicfro Avatar

I pledged $25, contemplating on giving more. Here's hoping for a worthy successor for Ultima Online!

15. Alexandra

Alexandra Avatar

It's fantastic to see so many familiar names here. Nothing could have made this Friday any better :)

16. XPorter

XPorter Avatar

I just backed the project...I cannot wait until this new world of your creation Richard, is complete. I have been patiently waiting for your return to the classic CRPG genre for literally...years! I have tried to follow your games through the years since I first discovered the Ultima series via a little game called Ultima VII: The Black Gate. I then went back and played some of the games before it, including Ultima I. I sadly never finished a lot of the ones before U7 but went on to finish all the ones after including that other game also titled U7... The Serpent Isle.

I was first introduced to the word and the genre MMORPG when I bought and loaded up Ultima Online. I played for a good three years before I exited that world which brings to mind some fond memories.

I love that you are going back to the single player crpg like the Ultima games, and I know this one will be great as all of your games have been in past.

17. Valsu

Valsu Avatar

Hi! Really looking forward to this! Backed. I can't wait to get into alpha testing.

18. bartoni33

bartoni33 Avatar

Hello all! First Responder here. Can't wait to see what the good Lord is creating for us.

The first game I bought with my first computer in 1999 was Ultima IX (shush... I liked it). The first and only time I have ever received a patch disc in the mail! Played UO off and on for a few years but that is all I know about Ultima series. Looking forward to this new adventure.

19. Chad_Sexington

Chad_Sexington Avatar

Hello,

Thinking about pledging either $0, $30, $240, or $400.

Can't make up my mind.

Hm...

20. Chad_Sexington

Chad_Sexington Avatar

Oops. I meant $250, for the tombstone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.