So QA participation rewards?????? Need to Quash this idea for now . . .

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

If these items are not permanently account bound they are an insult and a joke.

I can NOT get into to QA to even move around so something I paid quite a bit for I will not be able to receive.

Some players are already talking about "Farming" them, I even had a guy tell me he will just log in and "macro" something to get time reward. ((BTW pathetically easy to just make something over and over and fail and still be in game, plus so many programmable ways - Joke))

Now I am sure I will in the future get my rewards but it will be after their value ha come / gone and some player has figured out a way to profit (just like elderberries) and gotten away with it since it doesn't affect a lot of people.

And how about giving us some actual abilities to test stuff other than just grind with what we have now???

FrostII and Fister Magee like this.
  2. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

The last part is the most important to me. I want to test and that means changing stats to base cases for actual repeatable testing results.

FrostII likes this.
  3. Mortanius

Mortanius Avatar

Is there any particular reason why you think it wouldn't be? Something that I am missing that was put out?

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

None and no you are not missing anything.
    They are just like the grand tour hats, which you also could get in QA and which ended up in your rewards page and could then be claimed in live.
    But most of them are manually awarded. So you need to get the QA vote to qualify.

tl;dr
    Grumpy is what he is.

5. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

Read this ->> https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=63149

If people are going to cheat the system it is pointless to reward them. Having the rewards based on actual submissions and participation is fine. But like the OP stated someone creating a macro just to run around and do nothing and still able to collect the rewards puts a bad taste in my mouth.

@Berek

Last edited: Sep 22, 2016
  6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Indeed that's what I plan to do.
    And?

Fister Magee likes this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

???
    That is not actually possible if you think things through.

There are a couple of different scenarios here and only a limited portion of one is exploitable and gives a relatively minor reward (5 crowns) for a big risk (ban).

1 - there is the live server tests
    a - all of these are manually rewarded, that means that you have to register bugs and be an active tester to be recognized​
    2 - there is the QA server tests
    a - to compensate for the time spent on QA you get 5 crowns after 4h game play on server. This is the only one where you can bot it, and then you are risking a ban on a Dev+ account for 5 crowns.
    b - all other rewards are manually rewarded, which again means that you have to register bugs and exploits and be active etc to be recognized
    So people saying they can farm this easily haven't thought things through in practice. This since the risk vs reward is stupid on this one, in that they are risking 100s of dollars for 5 crowns.
    The scale is also increasing so to get manual recognition with the titles and deco, up and beyond basics, then you'd have to put in a lot of testing anyway. Which - if we go back and look at the former testing incentive program which was the Grand Tour. Even if people run alt accounts through the motions, then those alt accounts are still creating metrics of load on server finding STUCK points testing mob aggro and damage etc. So back then @DarkStarr took the simple decision that testing is testing and if testing should be encouraged then the more testing we get the better it is.
    So if someone actually tests and plays those 4h and do bug reports first on account A then on account B etc, then we are still getting more tests done on QA so that the game is in a stable and smoketested condition before releasing it to the live server.

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

For what purpose - as long as they are account bound FOREVER not an issue farm away as soon as there is a loopwhole to trade / sell then it is exploitive.

Ans also again back to the point - you can I cannot, and not because I do not have acces but because it is u n p l a y a b l e, so how / why is this valid or fair?

9. Lansirill

Lansirill Avatar

And you can't get them unless you spend a certain chunk of money to get access. That's not fair. Really, none of it is fair so... meh. Let the babies have their bottles.

Fister Magee likes this.
  10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

How is it valid or fair that I can't be there for every telethon?
    How is it valid or fair that I was too late to get a HoB cabinet?
    How is it valid or fair that I can sell my pledge rewards?

All the same stuff if you ask me.
    If they would be untradable, that would be unfair in my opinion.
    Because then the good old Joe Average would NEVER be able to get these things.

licemeat likes this.
  11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Not going to debate it with you but sure not fair -

WAIT one major difference - this is an incentive for participation that I can not participate in for reasons from my end but reasons from the game side , so different YEAH.

And sure did mention that not fair to the player who cant even access because he did not pay for the privilege - NOT FAIR all the way around

Hence why I said QUASH for now until balanced and truly FAIR.

TY for reiterating my point.

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Ok you got me wrong.
    What I was trying to explain to you is that live isn't fair.

Why can't you access QA?
    'unplayable' can be everything.
    Sure it's on Ports side? My Rig isn't the best but I have no problems to Login.

13. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Weins maybe focus less on what others have and more on what YOU have, for example your sunny disposition and smooth-talking prowess. :)

aldraren, licemeat, Tydes and 5 others like this.
  14. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Weins, can you elaborate as to why you can't login to the QA server? You say it's not on your end, but what is the issue?

Is it due to crashing? Is it due to inability to download the patch? Is it due to something else?

Maybe if you concentrated on your login problem, we can help fix it so you can also have a chance to earn these rewards.

ldykllr likes this.
  15. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

My lag issue where due to me being a bone head and not thinking that QA would even look at a diff video card by default - but

I still stongly believe that rewards for QA are not really fair. (I know life is not fair, no need to beat that horse)

The point is QA is only allowed to the high value players, and the rewards really only benefit the power gamers.

Again if they are ensured to be account bound from the get go and NEVER are allowed to move GtG, but once one moves from one hand to another there will be more imbalances, like housing, elederberries . . . the list will I am sure get bigger.

16. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

So....a - to compensate for the time spent on QA you get 5 crowns after 4h game play on server.****** if player decides to macro something for 12 hours that = 15 COTO. The price of COTO is gonna sink. Then drag everything down with it.

If this is a one time payment then no one will go much beyond 4 hours

17. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

As far as I'm aware it's a one time payout and you have to have activity. I don't think just standing in town raising a skill will really count, but I could be wrong. I also don't see many people risking an account that they paid that kind of money for to get a $4 payout in crowns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.