Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Regeneration rate not the same when weapons sheathed/unsheathed

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by ldykllr, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

9/23/2016 2:40 PM
    Title: Regeneration rate not the same when weapons sheathed/unsheathed

Reproduction Rate:100%

Blocker? No, but I'm not sure that this is intended. Clarification would be good.

Details: While testing out the effectiveness of food vs. the new regeneration rate, I observed a couple of things. I had consumed multiple items (Baked Salmon - +2.5 hp per second, and Bark Bread - +1 hp, +1 focus per second -- don't judge me, I was hungry). First, it appears only one effect stacks (actually, I'm not sure..I don't know what our base regen is, I'm assuming it's one...hmm maybe it does). Anyways, here are my results:

With weapons unsheathed: +1 hp per second, +3 focus per second.
    With weapons sheathed: +5 hp per second, +3 focus per second.

Now, assuming that base regen is +1 hp/+1 focus per second (and the hp effects from both breads stack), then 5hp per second outside of combat makes sense (adds up to 4.5, round up); +1 hp in combat does not (unless it's intended). However, the focus regen makes no sense to me as it's a static +3 per second, no matter if I'm in or out of combat, and if it's +1 focus per second, then it should be +2 that I'm seeing (not +3).

I'm going to do testing without any food and make some notes to compare. Not sure if this is a bug or intended, but wanted to err on the side of caution.

UPDATE: Okay after letting my buffs wear off, it appears the base regen is +2 for hp and +2 for focus. HP seems to regen super slow with weapon unsheathed (not even 1 per second, maybe like 1 per 3 seconds) and focus is static at 2. So, focus regen rate is the same for in-and-out of combat while HP regen is much different.

Steps to Reproduce: Eat something and then watch your regen with weapon sheathed/unsheathed.
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 970 @ 3.20GHz (12) System RAM: 24568
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 GPU RAM: 1985
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.396.Date.09.21.16
    Area: Novia_R11_Hills01_ElysiumMines
    Loc: (-11.1, -10.0, 31.8)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  2. Bayard2

Bayard2 Avatar

I can confirm the recovery rate was MUCH slower even when weapons were sheathed. No food buff was present.

3. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Ya, that is intentional I believe. But with weapons unsheathed it's super slow (+1 hp per tick), which I'm not sure is how it's supposed to be. But who knows, maybe it is.

4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I've tested this with/without food on QA and compared to 'normal' on live server.
    Results were:
    Focus empty to full -
    Live Server: 50 Sec
    QA Server: over 5 minutes
    QA Server with food: about 3 & a half minutes (Ardoris Coleslaw - 2.5/focus)

So, yes, way drastically overnerfed for the mininal benefit you can now get from eating.

Surely out of combat should be significantly faster than in?

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Currently behaving as intended with a desired intent of players using food for additional health benefits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.