Groups make all the difference

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duncan O. McDermott, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duncan O. McDermott

Duncan O. McDermott Avatar

Yesterday I made the decision to apply to the Moongate Travellers guild. I was accepted and last night was my first outing with the group. I had been stumbling along on my own and not getting very far. That annoying low Exp icon staring at me on my screen most of the time.
    Last night I made 4 levels and had a great time. The outing gave me a new and better outlook to the game. I really had a good time. Had it not been for a previous appointment I would have stayed later than I did.
    I look forward to the next outing.
    If you haven't found a guild and are just trudging along on your own I would suggest finding a guild that appeals to you and apply to join them. Solo is ok but groups are just more fun!

Acred, Bom, Thadeus Crook and 14 others like this.
  2. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I agree they can be fun, if you have the right people. If people used in game mechanics more like the old school way for role play it would be better for me and probably would group more. As it stands people like teamspeak and discord to communicate. I hate it personally because you always have some one annoying there talking about crap. Gossip, sports, and politics. I tend to just want to be immersed in the game and find out that the more I know about the people in real life then chances are I might just not to hang around them. So for me if there is need for grouping for me I just want in game communications, unless its to coordinate plays or live discussions of topics on hand. I am an oddball that way though and the majority here do not see things the way I do.

Acred, Thwip, Fister Magee and 7 others like this.
  3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

By the way MGT is a great guild IMO. :)

4. Duncan O. McDermott

I understand the not wanting to know too much about the people you play with. That happened in LOTRO sometimes people just feel the need to over communicate revealing way too much personal info. Like you I don't want to know all that stuff.

5. Duncan O. McDermott

Yes they are good players and a fun group.

Acred, Audacity, Jivalax Azon and 3 others like this.
  6. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

It doesn't hurt to give the person a heads up about the boundary and what you prefer to heat and what not. In many cases, the person would just be "oh OK" and move right along. If that person insist on sharing TMI, then just mute him/her and continue with the group.

When out of game stuff makes you feel edgy, just say "don't break my immersion, bro."

7. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

If I have to say "dont break my immersion bro" its already broken.

8. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

How about, "outlander brethren, ye broke m' Oracle session!" ?

9. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

It was super fun Duncan! <3 Welcome to MGT

I personally have only soloed about three times since starting this game and hated every time. Partying is where it's at for me.

Now if we could just get a better system for sharing loot among party members...

/peacesign

10. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Look us up when you are ready for an old school group. There will be much murder, mayhem, and table dancing!

11. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

well you can keep the table dancing, unless there is a pole there! But the rest sounds fun!

12. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

I'm working on GMing table dancing but it takes a lot of grinding.

(thanks @Messiah2 for that line lol)

Acred, NRaas, Thadeus Crook and 9 others like this.
  13. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

all the dancers I know love to grind, but no can touch!

14. Duncan O. McDermott

Really sorry I jumped in like I did the first time. Yes it is fun and loot sharing should be on the list of things to do for the devs.

Acred likes this.
  15. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

16. Duncan O. McDermott

When in a group you may not be the morale majority. If others in the group want to hear that information there isn't much you can do about it other than leave the party.
    In the other game a guild leader was pretty much stalking a female member. In spite of our protests the banter continued until eventually the guild was torn apart.
    It all should have been taken to another channel or dealt with by moderators. Since then I just want to play a game and not hear much personal information.
    Now if a member of my guild has a serious problem and /or needs help that is a different situation. I am there to do what I can in that case.

Ravicus Domdred and Acred like this.
  17. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Glad you found somewhere which you obviously like. We added each other for the purpose of helping you along a little, but me being UK time zone i think we keep missing each other as never seen you on. Maybe one day, until then it looks like you in good hands!

18. Duncan O. McDermott

Yes I am very happy with how things turned out. I thank you for your offer to help and any time in the future if I can be of assistance please let me know.

19. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

I don't know, for me loot is always secondary. When I'm in a group (rare these days), I'm there for the fun, camaraderie and xp.

Unless we're talking about rare loot (RNG works for me ), whoever is leading the group is welcome to my share of loot.

20. Joeble

Joeble Avatar

Definitely the way to go...group sessions are so much more fun than running around by yourself. Although as someone who is considered a "casual gamer" I find it sometimes hard to keep up with the people who play long hours. :p

Josh Randall likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.